CHAPTER 79: The Crazy Vendetta

Lisa's P.O.V

Justin had left a long time ago for his walk in solitude and due to my boredom, I began watching AGT videos. It was so crazy what those guys did. Well, I could sign up—to show off my amazing powers. But I knew Justin wouldn't like the sound of that.

Anyway, sleep began to cloud my eyes soon and just when they were about to shut, someone appeared beside my bed. I quickly sat up to identify the strange person that I was sure wasn't Justin.

I was right. She was a woman, probably in her late twenties, who had decorated her face with tattoos of flames. Her hair was black and the tips, red. She wore red lipstick, black joggers, and a red and black T-shirt. She looked feisty but the question of her identity still bugged me.

"Umm... with all due respect; who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my bedroom?"

"There's only one answer to those questions my darling," she started with a dreadful trill looming in her voice and paused, leaving me in utter suspense. "I'm the fucking angel of death!" And at once, I saw a bright red, luminous flame shaped like a sword swing toward me.

Just in time, a wall of ice appeared in front of me, melting as it made contact with the sword of flames. I was both flabbergasted and palpitating. The melted ice, splashing on my bed made a mess but that was the least of my concerns now.

I got up and broke through the dormer windows as fast as I could, sustaining minimal injuries. Nothing else mattered more to me than getting the hell away from that psycho woman.

I stepped on the balcony railings and took a giant leap, my hoverboard appearing under my feet. Welcome back, superpowers, and I took off with the speed of lightning.

"Hey! Wait up!" she screeched after me. Turning back for a second, I saw her tailing me with almost equal speed. My mind was now crowded with many questions: where is she from? Why does she want to kill me? But there was only one way to find that out and only one way to get out of this situation.

I landed in the middle of an orchard –the same orchard Justin and I had fought our lives in. It brought back memories that I didn't want lurking in my brain.

She landed after me and rolled. From my assessment, she was a pretty strong and highly skilled fighter. But something didn't feel right about her. Okay, nothing did. I'll just start with the fact that she wants to kill me!

"Hey kid," she started towards me. I walked backward, away from her aura. "I'm not here to hurt you"

"Who am I kidding? I am!" and then she howled with a peal of loud hysterical laughter. "But I want to make it easy for you... so you don't have to fight back. Save all your strength for the afterlife."

Just in time, my vision turned blue and the ice plates crawled up my hands.

"I see you're one strong woman. Good for you! Let's just hope that strength is enough to save you from me."

The night was so dark that I could hardly even see her with all the blue. But as soon as she formed her fiery sword, everywhere got illuminated.

She walked menacingly towards me. In response, I formed a pair of ice swords. Once she was within my reach, I swung them at her. She used hers to block and at once, they were cut clean off.

Immediately, she swung her sword towards my face and I bent backward, evading it by the skin of my teeth. I could literally feel the heat of her sword burning my skin.

Once I had successfully dodged, I kicked her in the guts, causing her to hit a tree. Now, that was a lucky move. And I wasn't even in control. The powers had taken me over. All I could do was watch the magic happen.

Then, I moved my hand down and thousands of large icicles fell from the sky like rain. I was almost sure that she wasn't going to survive until a fiery dome covered her like an umbrella protecting her from her death.

Now what?

Before the rain of ice brimstone was over, I involuntarily made ice chains emerge from the ground and wrap her legs and hands till I could almost not see her clothes anymore. The chains dragged her down, though she tried hard to fight it, till she was subdued and knelt in subordination.

However she groaned, she still couldn't help herself. That was when I created a bow and shot an arrow at her. Though I had never tried archery before, I was so accurate, the arrow made its way to her head.

As soon as it hit her, a fire engulfed her and the next second, she was gone. No trace of her at all.

I was glad that she was finally dead until I felt a stab in the back. The flames burned through my flesh and the dagger dug into my back till the flames resurfaced in my chest. She pulled it out as quickly as she had stabbed it in.

Consequently, I fell to the ground and pressed against the opening the dagger made in my chest with both hands as I groaned in serious pain. I felt like I was going to die. The warm blood gushed out and stole coldness from my palms.

Just when it felt like I was going to lose consciousness, ice crawled through the wound, cackling as it did. The feeling was very relieving. I stopped wincing and stood up with everything looking bright blue now.

I clenched my fist and she gasped. I had no idea what I was doing but whatever it was, it sure was working. She whimpered trying to get air in but it was fruitless. The more tightly I clenched my fist the more she winced. So I'm guessing I was involuntarily freezing her heart or one of her vital organs.

I just wish it could work faster. I was exhausted fighting her. Ugh!

Just as she took what I presumed was her last breath, the most unexpected thing happened–a lake of fire rushed toward my body. As much as I tried ducking, I couldn't escape my fiery doom.