Finally, You.

Vee is definitely losing his mind.

Mark looks at the lunch table, his friends and Vee were all grinning at him. Mark felt the urge to run away. 

"I'll just go to the lib-" Mark was gonna wiggle his way out of the situation but Vee was fast to hold his wrist and make him sit down beside him. still grinning big 

"eat your lunch first." The senior said as he made sure that mark would be staying still, the senior had already wrapped his arms on Mark's waist and somehow Mark doesn't mind it and he doesn't even bother to remove it. 

"i swear, if we aren't pushing this Veemark agenda we would have barfed by now. Your PDA disgusts us" it was james who complained but also had a very endeared smile.

"i feel like being validated by my in-laws" Vee joked and the rest of Mark's gang laughed and mark could only softly elbow the senior and as dramatic vee can get, he actually acted like it hurted.

"like i'll let you meet my parents." Mark mumbled. mark was sure Vee didn't heard it. damn those boyish smile, i want to be selfish and keep it for myself.

*

Its now a daily occurrence for Mark to realize that somehow he was falling for the senior slowly, deeply and surely but of course he wouldn't be mark if he doesn't deny it verbally. At this point, his I like you's are 'stay away' or 'you're crazy phi' but Vee on the other hand, like a moth attracted to fire, he would still make sure that Mark only has his undivided attention. well of course minus the fact that Vee needs to actually pass his subjects.

Bar jokes that Vee had put 'that cute freshman' on a pedestal and Vee would only shake his head.

Mark stares at the empty library. well not really but if Mark could only remove Vee and ploy out of his sight, he would. 

Mark looks at the old lovers and he can't help but think of the what ifs and its consuming not only his mind but also his heart. Mark knows and feels that he is getting jealous but due to his own stubbornness, he can not and will not act on that jealousy. Vee doesnt belong to him and that is a painful reminder for him. He is in love with someone with a soulmate mark while he stays unmarked. 

it was a gamble he didn't want to bet on. 

Turning his back away from the library, Mark swallowed the nasty feeling and blinked out the unshed tears that had pooled in his eyes.

"stupid Mark" he mumbled to himself as walk away from the library and Vee but before he could take 3 steps away he felt a sudden pull from his arms and also with his heart. 

"Mark"

He knew who it was but he was stopping himself to look at the senior as he probably looks pathetic but Vee has other plans, the senior ever so gently lifted Mark's chin and looked straight into his eyes. Vee's almond eyes staring directly at Mark's eyes that has unshed tears.

"Mark. Oh Mark, Baby" Vee said almost in panic. the endearment had slipped out from Vee but Mark loved it. He craved it, he craved Vee and he wanted more.

the endearment slip up had opened a pandora's box in Mark's chaotic heart, the rush of emotions was too much for him but he could only cry his heart out. Vee didn't know what to do as it was his first time seeing Mark this vulnerable.

"i- Phi Vee." Mark calls out, trying his to stop his tears. Vee stared at him with so much adoration that it actually hurts. 

"I'm scared" mark says and Vee brushed away the tears that kept on falling from Mark's cheeks. the warmth from Vee's hands. Mark wants to bask longer in that warmth.

"i love you but im scared" Mark confessed. the confession took Vee by surprise that the senior had physically frozen in his spot.

"I might not be your soulmate. Phi, i don't want to wake up one day lose you, lose my heart again" 

Vee cupped Mark's cheeks. "i don't need soulmarks to tell me who i can be with. my heart wants only you mark. just you" Vee's word was something that mark didn't  knew he wanted to hear from all those years.

Mark wanted someone to tell him that they would still choose Mark even without a soulmate mark and somehow it was Vee.

Vee hugged Mark tight and mumbled sweet promises in Mark's ears. Mark doesn't want to end whatever this was. 

somewhere in his mind, Mark had already accepted that Vee was the person he will be spending his whole life. with or without a soulmate mark. 

He was ready to gamble it all again.

**

Mark finds himself all wrapped up in Vee's limbs, he was basically the senior's personal bolster. not that Mark minds at all. it's been a week since the emotional breakdown that Mark had infront of Vee and he could say that the senior had been very lovely and understanding. 

Every now and then Mark would have these little insecure moments but Vee would always be there to remind him that the senior loves him nonetheless and this makes Mark all warm and soft. 

back to Mark's current position. Mark didn't mind the extra weight and extra warmth that Vee gives and also the soft snores from Vee. It was somehow a lullaby for him but suddenly his hips felt extra warm. Mark tried to wiggle his way out but he was technically locked in by Vee.

Mark tried to sleep even with the very uncomfortable feeling in his hips. snuggling to Vee's collar blades, Mark was ready to get his sleep. when a hot carving sensation  pulled out any sleepiness in his system.

The pain was bearable but the fact that it got hotter and painful as it went up to his side, Mark can't help but yelp and whine out of pain.

 Vee woke up to his boyfriends squirming and looked like he was in pain. He gathered Mark ij his arms and made them both sit up.

"Mark, look at me, where does it hurt?" Vee coaxed, The junior continued to whine but now his eyes wide open with unshed tears. 

"h-hips" Mark yelped again "this side hurts phi" Mark pointed out his left side and gripped Vee's shirt tightly when he felt another surge of pain.

Vee looked at it first, when he saw no blood messing up the shirt. He released a relieved sigh. So the next thing he did was to put his hands on Mark's hip, checking if there's any scars that could have caused the pain but there were none of it.

The next logical thing for Vee was to check the junior's hip by raising the shirt and what he saw there surprised him but also overwhelmed him. beautiful.

"phi, what is it?" Mark asked, voice still laced with pain.

"a soulmate mark" Vee said incautiously making the latter gasp out of shock.

"impossible" Vee heard his boyfriend gasp. 

the senior can't help but trace the mark that was beautifully etched in his partner's skin. 

It was a rose, a beautiful rose surrounded with thorns. 

but even before Vee could admire it fully his gears started to work and he whipped his head up to meet Mark's curious ones. 

"Mark, baby. My soulmate" Vee hugged Mark, Vee couldn't help himself, he dipped down  and kissed the new Mark on his lover's hips and also Mark's lips. 

"is it really-?" Mark was lost for words but Vee could feel the happiness from Mark. 

"I finally have you, My love. My Querencia."

*****

this marks the last part of this fic and omg i think this is a mess lmao but i do hope yall still enjoy it nonetheless!!

see you again on the next fic~