One

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

I mindlessly stare at the pipes above me. The only source of water I have since I've been placed to this cell. Which is probably ever since I could remember.

I moved closer towards the place where the growing puddle is but my action was stopped long before I even tried to stand up. I looked back at what was stopping me and my eyes fell to the short thick rusting chain cuffed onto my right ankle. Sighing, I turned back to sitting again and ignored my thirst and hunger. Once again staring at the wall where a window with bars is placed, the only source of light in this whole cell. If I do stand, I could only make out trees outside. Its either I'm too short or the window is too high. Either way, I've been thoroughly wondering what it feels like to be outside. I couldn't remember anymore.

Walking,running, feeling the fresh breeze on my skin. I don't even remember what it feels like to be under the sun anymore. My teacher said it would sometimes give you a sunburn. To humans of course. Werewolves were a different case. It doesn't affect us.

When did it all began again? I keep forgetting now. I count at the closely packed lines at the wall opposite the window. Strongly scratched lines at the beginning. Dark, strong and hoping lines scratched neatly.

One

Two

Three

The lines were now beginning to get squiggly and desperate.

Five

Six

Seven

Lines slowly fading but still noticeable. Lines that are slowly getting weak by the number.

Nine

Ten

I wiped my cheeks off of the salty tears that are falling freely down my eyes. Free. How ironic.

Eleven

Twelve

By the end of it, the lines were now a mess. Splayed across the wall for the whole world to see. Not caring anymore just for someone else to notice. Desperation and lost hope written across the vandalized wall of lines. Just like when my heart was torn by the time I counted-

"Thirteen.."

My voice broke at my futile situation. And once again, my tears came flowing like rain. But this time, I did not bother to wipe it anymore. Thirteen years. And here I am. Wasting away at the hands of insane rogues.

I laid down on the cold stone floor of my dingy cell and preceded to wonder how my life came to be this way. My childhood has been a big giant blur to me. I know I was a happy child then. Carefree and innocent. I know I have a family and that my parents and siblings are the most important beings in my life. That I belong to a pack, that almost all of the people around me turn into wolves like my mother told me. However, the biggest problem I have now is that I can't seem to remember my pack's name and anyone's faces considering that I was about two or three years old when I was taken. Not their faces, voices nor names. I just remember calling them Daddy,Mommy and brother. But at least I remember my name. Violette. I remember my family calling me that. I blame all my blurry memories to the rogue who slammed my little child head against a stone wall when I first attempted to escape. He only slammed my head once but once is enough for my small body to collapse from the brute force of a grown up weremale. But maybe it's also the different types of liquid they inject on my arm that makes my head foggy. I don't really know. But..Till this day, I can still feel the large scar on my scalp. Buried beneath my sickly raven hair.

Who am I really? Where did I come from?

---

I awoke at the loud opening sound of the metal door and the horrifying voice of one of my captors. "Get up C50. We're gonna play again" He said with a sickening smile. A whimper escaped my lips and I shuffled closer to the walls. It's Vince again."N-n-no...p-plea..se" He only laughed at my reaction then his face turned serious. He looked like the devil. No. He's the devil's henchman. " you don't have a choice"

I screamed and I kicked everywhere (though it didn't do any damage considering my weak state) when men came inside my cell to take off my chain and took me outside my cell. I screamed until my throat started to hurt. I screamed for the world to know. I screamed for my life. I don't want to die this way. Then I felt my left cheek throb and red liquid drip from my mouth. " STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH AND SHUT UP!" Vince screamed at me like a rabid animal to which I complied. He would hit me again. Much worse than before. I don't want to do this again. It has only been hours since I last went there. I can still feel the long cold metal needle stuck to my skin. " fucking lunatic. Maria better pay me a large sum for handling this mutt " he mumbled and composed himself. Just let me die a painless death.

"Let's go" he said to the men holding both my arms. Their strong hands had an iron grip on my arms and dragged me on the way. I did not have any strength to walk anymore. When I stopped screaming, I heard theirs. My fellow cellmates to whom I don't know nor have seen. But I can always hear them. Their endless horrifying screams. Day and night I can hear their voices in my cell. Begging for the end. And hearing them everyday just makes me go a little insane inside. I skimmed my eyes on my surroundings and looked at the many metal doors aligning both walls.

The dimly lit hallway did not help but I can still read the words engraved on the silver plate beside each metal door. Subject C12-X2 .... Subject C33-X0.. and it goes on and on. I strained my eyes to read them. It's the only thing I could do to take my mind off of what was to come. I don't even know what they mean but I bet it's their name. They gave us names. They always call me C50 or C50-3X. And they made sure that we're labeled with it somewhere on our bodies. And mine's on the back of my neck. I could still remember the pain of the hot iron melting my skin, branding me and officially making me their test subject for so many years.

They said to me, If I could survive the tests they're doing on me, they would let me go. If I escape, they would hunt me down and kill me. If I fail the test, it would eventually kill me. Either way, I'd die. I'm perfectly sure that I'm gonna die. They'd been testing me for years that I'd lost hope on being free. And I've always wondered, why me?

"Ah here at last " I flinched and looked wide-eyed at the door before me. DNA Testing Laboratory. He looked at me and smirked evilly. "Glad to be back ain't ya?" No.Never. He opened the door and they dragged me in. I saw the all too familiar different liquids displayed around the room, different needles of all sizes, the anatomy of the head and body on the far wall, the different equipments and finally the cold metal chair with leather straps placed on the wrist, arms,head and legs. The chair where they place us to be tested on. My nightmare.

"Welcome back C50-3X. It's nice to see you again" Maria said. She looks the same as last time. Graying hairs peaking on her neat bun, neatly pressed lab jacket, faint wrinkle lines adjourning her face. But what's more scary is the dangerous glint of glee I see in her eyes every time. They're all insane.

" Vince, be a dear and strap her on the chair will ya. Don't wanna keep our precious girl waiting. " She happily said then went to the glass cabinet and took a black and silvery blue vial. "Come on little girl. Time for your vitamins." Vince said then ordered the nameless men to hold me and drag me to the chair while he strap me. I feel paralyzed at the tightness of the strap. Then they all left leaving me with Maria.

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

I hear the leak again. "Shhh. Such tears shouldn't be shed dear one. It's for your own good." She said to me then plunged the needle with the silvery blue liquid on my arm without further notice. I quickly feel the hot liquid spreading through my veins making me flail. It hurts. It really hurts. It's like there's a fire burning me from the inside. From the numerous times she injected me, I know I should have been familiar with the feeling now but I can't seem to get used to it no matter how hard I try. It hurts like hell " All is for our master "

I screamed once again.