World

Today was the day. Lando and Marcus would face the world together. Motorsport's newest power couple.

L - Are you sure you're ready? We don't have to do this if you don't want to.

M - No. We're here now. Let's do it.

L - Ok. Here goes...

(Lando pressed post on both of their phones. The post that announced they were together, as a couple, and the post that told the world Marcus was gay.)

L - Marcus... I'm so proud of you. I love you.

M - I love you Lando.

Marcus rests his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. They were out to the world. They were facing the world.

--

The next weekend arrived, the Hungarian Grand Prix. As the plane landed, the stepped off onto Hungarian tarmac.

L - Welcome to Hungary, the place where they're trying to oppress our rights.

M - They'll never steal who we are and our identity.

Lando takes hold of Marcus' hand as they get into Lando's rental car and drive to the track.

L - This is going to be tough, but you're made of strong stuff.

M - Hm... we're doing this together.

As the arrive at the track and enter the paddock, Lando is greeted by an official requesting him to go the media room.

L - I'll catch up with you later babe.

M - Love you!

L - Love you too!

Lando is soon hurried into the media room where he is greeted by cameras flashing and an applause from the media.

Media Official - Welcome to the Press Conference for the FORMULA 1 ARAMCO HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2022. From left to right we have: Carlos Sainz, Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris, Mick Schumacher and Yuki Tsunoda. Let's start with the questions.

Reporter - Question for Lando. We've seen the announcement of your relationship with Marcus Armstrong and I think everyone here would like to offer our upmost congratulations to both you and Marcus. Do you think Formula 1 needs to do more to protect the rights of LGBT spectators, drivers and colleagues by not racing in countries where rights are oppressed?

L - Thank you. I think more certainly needs to be done. It is illegal to be me in a few countries where we race. The way I think about it though is - is it fair to not race in countries and deny the opportunity to watch some of the best drivers in the world race in their country because of government officials? I have to thank the work Lewis and Seb for the work they do, that really does take some confidence.

Reporter - And how did you and Marcus get together?

L - I'm not gonna answer that question but we've been talking for a while and I've helped him accept being gay and how to deal with the negativity around him but he's a great guy.

--

Meanwhile, Marcus was doing his autograph session.

Fan - Congratulations on coming out. I'm so glad you're happy!

M - Everyone deserves to be happy and everyone is happy in their own way. This is my way of being happy!

--

Later on in the evening, Lando and Marcus finally met up.

L - Hey Marcus!

M - Hey you. I'm allowed to stay in your hotel room now right?

L - Yeah you are, now that we can be seen together.

M - What we having to eat?

L - I packed us some salad and chicken pots from the hospitality. Gotta stay healthy, you've got Qualifying tomorrow!

M - Don't remind me please! If I see another telemetry graph, I'll cry.

L - We'll watch Netflix tonight.

M - I love you Lando and I've realised... we haven't had our first kiss yet.

Lando leans in and gently kisses Marcus on the lips. In the middle of the paddock on a cold evening in Budapest where eyes kept glancing at them, they had their first kiss.

L - Now... we have. I love you Marcus.