Chapter 1 : Jazz

This day was not different from those they had already experienced since their arrival on planet Earth, it had almost become a routine for the Autobots. The Decepticons would attack a human installation for energon, the Autobots would come to help the humans or protect them, the two factions would fight, and usually Megatron would eventually retreat if he wasn't too busy fighting Optimus Prime .

Except it wasn't for the TIC of the Autobots, the mech that was head of special ops, the Autobot Jazz. He had noticed strange things on the battlefield for some time, but he had nothing concrete at the moment, which prevented him from telling the rest of his faction's command. Nevertheless, he wasn't the Autobots' best spy for no reason, and so he decided to carry out his little investigation from the moment it started, being the only one who realized it.

And if he was honest, he couldn't blame his comrades for not noticing, even he had almost missed it if his experience hadn't helped him notice what was happening during the fights. These were small actions, but they had a specific purpose: to protect Cybertronians from both factions. This fact surprised Jazz at first, he even thought he was wrong, but his observations confirmed this fact to him. On several occasions, he had seen Decepticons or Autobots being stopped before a decisive move that would have caused more or less serious damage to their opponents, and in a way that was quite amusing when he thought about it. A simple rock that always hit the mark, hitting very sensitive cables or joints, with enough force to be noticed in order to distract whoever was targeted.

But the most amusing thing was that he didn't know the identity of this "guardian angel" as the humans would say, because he knew that none of their human allies were behind all this, it was far too dangerous and they didn't know their anatomy in detail. A mystery he was determined to solve, he needed to find out who this person was and why she was helping the Autobots and Decepticons alike. He desperately needed answers to his questions, and he was going to have to get them alone.

The Decepticons' attack on this electrical station therefore gave him the perfect opportunity to finally get an answer, this person having so far not missed any attack since he had realized an external presence during the fighting. He had therefore pushed all his sensory abilities to their maximum to be sure not to miss anything, while remaining vigilant during the battle which had made him a much tougher opponent than usual with his constant vigilance. If his allies had been surprised that he was so effective on the battlefield, it was nothing compared to the Decepticons who began to retreat in order to avoid confronting the Autobot spy whose reputation was well known within their ranks.

When Jazz noticed it, he couldn't hold back an insult as he saw his luck slipping away. By wanting at all costs to discover the one he had nicknamed "the guardian angel", he himself had prevented them from intervening, depriving him of any chance of being able to discover who they were. But as he ruminated on this fact, outbursts of voices drew the attention of members of both factions to whoever was behind it, Megatron and Starscream.

- It's all your fault, Starscream!

- MY FAULT ?! repeated the Seeker with a shrill scream. I had nothing to do with this Autobot deciding to fight seriously! I told you that power station was way too close to Autobot range! But as always, you never listen to me and you say it's my fault! This is just one more reason why I should be the leader of the Decepticons!

These kinds of arguments between the Seeker and the warlord were also part of their routine, one trying again and again to kill the other to take control of the Decepticons, without ever succeeding, while his leader insulted him or even even beat him. This treatment of his soldiers horrified Optimus, but there was nothing he could do about it. Usually, Starscream's punishment took place on the Nemesis, but with today's failure, added to all those who had preceded it with a little help from this "guardian angel", Megatron's patience had reached its limit and Starcream only realized it too late.