06. The Funeral

Jonathan and Lori walked into the Living room to see Lonnie and Joyce drinking on the sofa.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Lori said

"Hey kids." Lonnie sat forward

"Lonnie, is uh... gonna stay here tonight. On the couch." Joyce explained

"Yeah, I'm here as long as you need, okay? How you two holding up?"

Lori ignored him and Jonathan walked over to the other side of the room, where blue tarp hung on the wall. He lifted it up to reveal a hole in the wall

"What happened?" He asked

"Don't worry about that." His dad said

"Mom...that thing you saw before did it come back?"

"Jonathan, that's enough."

Lori went over and sat down beside Joyce and took her hands. "I'm sorry we didn't believe you before, okay? But we believe you now. About Will and the man with no face."

"Lauren stop." Lonnie said

"No!" She yelled.

"Don't shout at me." lonnie said through his teeth.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Jonathan defended the young girl. "Can we talk? Alone." He led Lonnie into his room.

Lori made herself a bowl of cereal and went to her room. She couldn't stand being near that man. Her anger was getting harder and harder to control over the past few days, she didn't need it to get any worse.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The next day was the funeral. Lori got out of bed and looked through her closet. She realized she didn't have anything to wear other than the long black jumpsuit she wore to her parents funeral. She really didn't want to put it on but she had to. Luckily for her, it was way to long a few years ago so it fitted perfectly now. She only put on a bit of mascara as far as makeup went. It felt weird getting ready for a funeral that you weren't enterally sure it was the right person you were burying, never mind if that person might be alive. Jonathan and Lori promised not to say anything more to Joyce, until they know more or until it's dead.

Lori sat next to Joyce and Jonathan during the funeral, right in front of the grave. She smiled at her friends within the crowd. Oddly, they didn't seemed totally upset. Lori wondered what they had found out over the past day or two without her. At the end Lori tossed a yellow rose into the grave then went to stand beside the Byers as everyone shook hands and gave their "Deepest sympathy"

At the hall, Lori sat with her friends, mainly cause she couldn't deal like acting this was all real to everyone and dealing with Lonnie's, "Yeah, it's been tough but we're getting by."

"We seriously need to talk." Lori said and leaned into the table

"Exactly." Lucas said.

"Yeah! Troyed peed himself infront of the whole school!" Dustin laughed.

"Wait what?!"Lori couldn't believe it and laughed.

"That's not important! Will's not dead, he's alive and El can somehow contact him." Mike explained

"Yeah, well I know most of that. This...This thing, like the Demogorgon took him and took Nancy's friend Barbra. It's staying around that forest, everything that happened connecting to this thing is all close by. So my working theory, is that it lives somewhere in the forest and doesn't travel far when he hunts"