Untitled part

School is supposed to be one of the best parts of life, but why were you struggling, not with the process itself or the material. It was sort of a burnout syndrome. It was just that itchy and heavy feeling in your chest, that comes every afternoon and consumes all of your thoughts and energy and turns them into the void. Were you even trying to escape that state? At some point, you started to like that time of the day, when you can isolate yourself from everything and everyone.

There was no club activity today. So here you were again... in a dim classroom 2-4, sitting at your place at the end of the row, looking through the window and seeing nothing than a blur of the school yard. You throw your head back and start the first playlist.

The moment music fills your brain, you close your eyes and drifts with its flow. It's some space ambient music, that he shared with you several weeks ago, and it actually has some strong effect on you. It almost lulls you into a sleepy state of mind, but then your thoughts are invaded by him...

That particular blunt expression on his face, that catches you off-guard and leaves you speechless every time, pops up in your hazy mind. Was he teasing you from the start, or is it a new hobby of his? It's not like he's messing around hard with you, like he sometimes does with Hinata or Kageyama. Is it even appropriate for him to tease his Senpai? You flinch at the thought of you being a year older than him. Why are you even thinking about the age difference in the first place? Your body tenses up, and you desperately try to brush these thoughts off.

You let out a deep sigh, as you whisper to yourself – "This is so laaaame".

"It is certainly lame of you to sit after school in a dark empty room, listening to the ambient music, that can actually put you to sleep... ", – he pauses for a second, just to tease the hell out of you, and adds – "Senpai".

Shivers go down your spine, as you hear the remark, but you put all your strength to play it cool. "You are the one, who shared it with me".

"You asked for it. Politely, actually. How could I refuse... Senpai".

You furrow eyebrows upon hearing, and you can swear your left eye is starting to twitch. It doesn't go unnoticed by him, as you hear a low chuckle in the doorway.

"You are a little brat, Tsukishima... — San", – you state the very accurate fact.

The moment you open your eyes, you see nothing but a colossal figure hovering over. Golden-brown eyes staring at you with an unreadable expression.

The time just freezes and everything around just fades away. No music, no sounds, no surroundings... just this moment. You hate it... the feeling of being absorbed by another person... wholeheartedly and irretrievably.

"Earth to Senpai", he flicks your forehead with a finger, and you snap out of your trance, trying to compose yourself as fast as you can, hiding the blushing cheeks with one hand.

Was he smiling just now? You can swear, there was a small smile in the corner of his lips, as he was watching you collecting yourself...