Untitled Part 1

You rushed through the school gates like a lightning, ignoring everything and everyone on your way. You were late... like inappropriately late. And the fact, that you lived not far from the school, didn't help a bit.

All thanks to Suga. He told you to watch some freaky horror movie, that "was sooooo good, had many plot twists and was not scary at all". Does that even make sense?

Being a movie addicted, you watched it. What could go wrong? It is just a movie. Oh, you were so mistaken. IT.WAS.SCARY.AS.HELL. Bloody, creepy, scare jumpy... You couldn't sleep at all, you heard noises all over the house... Scratches, shadows, whispers... the whole package. In the morning, you were looking like a falling asleep on your feet Zombie-panda. Suga was going to pay you for the unforgettable experience and swollen eyes. That was your priority for the day, till everything took another direction.

You opened your locker with shaky hands and out of breath, not noticing a small bluish envelope, that fell out. You were about to pick it up, when someone stood behind, like a giant skyscraper. That took you completely off guard, and you forgot for good about the little envelope beside your feet.

"Senpai, you do know, highschoolers should not play video games till the very morning, especially when they have problems with waking up in time?", you heard a snarky comment from behind. A pair of hazel eyes observed your every movement, analyzing. Why is he always there, when you are struggling?

"And you are collecting Dino figurines, Tsuki...shima...san", you blurted out and turned the opposite direction, not wanting to stay a minute under his tense gaze. You were almost gone, when you stopped and shouted.

"It was not a video game, it was a movie, Dork", you ran off as fast as you could, grinning like a devilish imp, with a taste of a small victory.

It was already some sort of kinky ritual between him and you – constant bickering, riling each other up, but never to the point of no return. You didn't realize, or maybe you just didn't want to realize, the simple reason for your daily word battles.

"Ah... You should already tell him... ", your friend sounded really confident.

"I don't understand a word you say"

"Mhm... Just make sure you don't break someone's heart in the process of understanding", that comment went past your ears.

The classes went unexpectedly fast and smooth. You went straight into the gym right after the bell rang.

You were helping Shimizu-senpai and Hi-chan at the Volleyball club during practices. It was almost always fun, although sometimes unbearable. Tsukishima was the reason for both of that conditions.

Some days, you were discussing new music releases or sharing playlists during long breaks. Surprisingly, your taste in music was not so different from his. You didn't actually emphasize this sort of connection. Although, from time to time you did think that all the tracks, that he shared with you, were a 100% hit for you. Did he actually choose them to make you feel happy, or were you overthinking?

The other days you were almost fighting about something stupid. And it was him, who always started the bickering. Especially, the times you were busy with Kageyama or pretty much everyone, except Yamaguchi. Daichi was so done with both of you, but silently accepted the situation.