25: Unwanted Yet Wanted

4 months has passed. I fully opened up to Buck about my past. Things were rocky for a little, but we've been doing really good. I got a job as a nurse, being a firefighter is still my dream, but it's not attainable right now.

I am still living with him and our relationship has gotten super serious. We've started talking about our future together. Marriage, children, everything in between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up Lis you have work." Buck shook my body lightly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, instantly feeling nausea take over my body. "That's not good." I mumbled before getting up and running to the bathroom.

For the third time this week, I threw up. And for the third time, I cleaned myself up and pretended nothing happened.

"Evan!" I called out for him after leaving the bathroom. "I'm right here." He laughed at me. "Can you drive me to work?" I asked him. I knew I couldn't drive with the way I was barely getting sleep at night.

"Yes now please go get ready so you're not late and I'll make you some toast." Buck said getting out the bread. My stomach churned at the thought of the toast, but I brushed it off and went upstairs.

While I was getting ready, the smell of the toast made me sick to my stomach. I tried to ignore it but it got worse and worse.

"Come on Lis you're gonna be late." Buck called for me. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A car ride later and I was at work. I got out of the car and Buck followed suit. He walked over to me.

"Have a good day my love. I will see you in 12 hours." He said pulling me into a hug. "I love you." I said against his chest.

He pulled away from the hug and looked me in my eyes. "I love you too, now get in there." He said, but not before giving me a kiss.

I walked into the hospital and up to my designated floor, the pediatric floor. "Hey Alissa." My coworker turned best friend, Rylee, smiled at me.

"Morning Ry, who's mine today?" I asked before even thinking to check the schedule. "Rooms 317, 320 and 323. Dr.Adams also wants you in recovery with the shark-bite victim. She's getting surgery today."

And at the worst moment, my stomach churned, nausea overtook my entire body. I hurried to the bathroom. I vomited again.

For the second time today, I cleaned myself up and returned to the nurses station. "That's if you're getting an ultrasound now." Rylee said pulling me into a room and setting up the ultrasound machine.

"For what? I just have a stomach bug." I laughed. "Because you have been throwing up at least twice during your shifts and I can't tell if you've gained weight, just bloated or if it's a baby bump." Rylee told me while pulling up my shirt.

She squeezed the gel onto my stomach and began to do the ultrasound. I wasn't going to watch, but my curiosity got the best of me. I looked over at the screen.

There it was. A baby. "Rylee-" "Al you're pregnant. 12 weeks pregnant." She said.

My heart dropped. My worst fear is now my reality. Pregnancy was the last thing I wanted or needed.

"Paging Alissa Brixton and Rylee Parker to ER" the loudspeaker rang. I wiped the gel off my body and got up.

Rylee and I got downstairs, where we were met with the 118. "10 year old female, barely stable, she was playing outside when she was hit by a car." Buck said wheeling the stretcher into the hallway.

"We got this one, you talk to him. Now Al." Ry whispered in my ear. I nodded

"Buck come with me, Cap I'm stealing Buck for a little." I said to them both. Buck's eyebrows raised, but he still followed me into a private room.

"What's up Lis?" Buck sat in one of the chairs. "My body, have you noticed any changes?" I asked him, hoping for an honest answer.

"Maybe some bloating? But you should be on your period so that's normal." He said with slight uncertainty. "Wrong. It's a baby bump. I am 12 weeks pregnant Evan." I told him.

He laughed. "What?" He said, sounding a bit more serious. I pulled out the ultrasound photos and handed them to him. "12 weeks, too late to um get an abortion. I have to keep it." I sat on his lap and leaned back against him.

"Hey it's okay." He said calmly as he wrapped his arms around me and looked at the pictures. "We will get through this my love." He kissed my head gently. Deep down I knew he was scared, but I also knew he knew how terrified I was.

"How do you feel?" I asked him. "Excited in every way possible, I want this, but I know you're scared after our last." Evan said truthfully.

"I am, but I want to enjoy this for you, for us." I looked into his eyes. "Things will be different this time, I just know it." I said, in hopes of calming his nerves a little.

"Okay we need to go back to work, I'll see you in a couple hours." I got up. "Mm no don't leave me without a hug and a kiss." Buck said immediately standing up and engulfing me in a hug.

"I love you baby." He smiled. "I love you too." I replied, giving him a kiss before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~

"Nurse Alissa, do you have a boyfriend?" My 10-year old patient, Lenny, asked me as I adjusted her bed. I let out a small laugh before saying, "I do and he's the best."

"Ooo tell me about him, please!" She said excitedly. "Well Len, his name is Evan and he's a firefighter. He was actually there after the accident." I told her as I propped her leg up.

The 118 was called to the scene after Lenny was attacked by a shark. What she thought was going to be a fun beach day ended in her almost losing her leg and losing function in one of her arms. Lenny smiled through it all though, she is one of the bravest people I've ever met, even if she is just 10.

"Really?! Can you bring him to visit me one day?" She perked up. Lenny was so thankful for the first responders that saved her life. "I will see what I can do, okay?" I asked her.

"I will be back in to check on you soon okay? I have to go check my other patients." I told her as I finished updating her chart. "Okay see ya!" She let out a little giggle.

I walked out of the room and started on my way to the next room I had. I couldn't stop thinking of what was changing in my life.

A new job, the next step in my relationship, a baby on the way, my Brie, who I missed more than anything. Everything was changing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) yiiiikkeeeesss, this chapter was a fun one to write, thinking about Alissa's near future is weird tbh. I'm going to be writing more of her working at the hospital, but don't worry, the 118 is never disappearing from her life.

Also, big things are about to happen in her and Buck's relationship, but as always, it won't ever be easy...