v. stitches

An hour or two, maybe three after her room exploded, an Aethiopian drakon had been spotted at the borders of camp. She heard its noises all night. At first, she ignored it but eventually, it grated so far to her nerves, that she got up and decided to kill it for disrupting her night. 

When she got there, a few kids from Apollo's cabin went in pursuit of the monster. 

"Where's the monster?" she asked not bothering with pleasantries. 

Someone pointed out the direction of the woods outside the borders of the camp. 

Lee Fletcher came back with a couple of his siblings. "Lora!" 

"Fletcher." She walked past him and his brothers. 

"You out to kill the drakon?" Lee asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" 

"The thing was thirty feet long and bright green," Lee told her. "Twenty arrows in its hide."

"Change it to meters will you?" she muttered under her breath. "Feet. Don't they know how hard it is to convert it to meters?"

1 foot = 30.48 cm 

30 feet = 914.4 cm 

"I hate the American unit system," she grumbled.

"Wait up!" Lee ran to her side. "I'll help you. You'll get eaten out there."

They walked out the borders.

Walking around, careful to where they step, they searched for the green drakon.

A branch snapped. 

She looked at Lee and pointed a finger at the path in front of them. Lee has an arrow nocked and ready to fire. She has her swords out ready to slice anything that comes her way. 

They skirted around the trees. When the snaps of branches reached their ears, they'd hide behind the trunks of trees. 

Dead ahead, they saw the drakon slithering. 

"Distract it until I kill it," she whispered.

"You got it." Lee slung his bow on his back and climbed up a tree. She ran to some other trees to hide behind.

A bowstring was released and the drakon hissed.

The whoosh of arrows released was increasing with time. So did the hissings.

It slithered around slamming trees and flattening them. This is a giant snake. A normal snake is a no-no to her. But this? Might as well be food for the serpent. 

She slid behind a tree as it spits in her direction. The venom was already halfway through the wood. She ran. The drakon's lower body swept her feet. She hit her head.

Lee shot a couple more arrows. 

She rose with her swords raised. 

The drakon slithered across the woods. She stabbed its neck while Lee distracted it. 

Its neck was thick so no way she could chop it off clean. The drakon rose. This provides good news and bad news. 

Bad news: she's up in the air dangling, holding on for dear life.

Good news: with her weight and the drakon thrashing around, it brought her swords down and down and down all the way, until the ground was in close distance.

The drakon hissed and clawed at its neck. This kinda helped carry on the process of it bleeding out. At the same time, one of the claws scratched her across her back.