The Greenhouse - Liam x Reader

1825, March 10th

Sunlight glimmered on the white, porcelain greenhouse in the middle of a garden. The Garden and greenhouse belonged to the L/N family. A family filled with rich and prosperous people of many succesions.

And right now, the youngest child, Y/N- had been sitting inside the greenhouse and taking a look at the plenty flowers they had inside.

Y/N was 17 years old, but of many talents. They were fluent in French, Latin, Spanish, etc. They were an expert at piano and violin. And currently, they were taking dance lessons as well. This was required for a person such as them.

Well, at least their family needed them to be like that. They had never known why they were forced to do such things so young. It simply made them feel bored as one could be, and and, they'd often go to the greenhouse for the slightest entertainment.

Bumblebees gently buzzed, landing on flowers and giving them kisses for the slightest bit of pollen. Y/N watched, and their eyes twinkled. They liked to think of themselves as a bee. Free to do whatever they pleased, no one telling them what to do.

Yet in their cold reality, they were nothing but an owl in a cage.

They gently played with the sunflower in their ha-

Creakk...

The door to the greenhouse had opened, but why so?

Curiously, Y/N looked behind them, only to see a slightly familiar face gleaming in the sunlight of the day.

"Hey, your that peasant boy that I keep seeing frequently, are you not?" Asked Y/N, looking at the boy whom had seemingly just entered their beloved greenhouse.

It was a peasant boy whom had done several jobs around town to earn some quick money every now and then. Y/N would often see him delivering papers for the most recent news and what not. Y/N wasn't sure, but they could have sworn they heard someone calling him "Liam".

But anyway, this Liam boys dark red eyes had swirled with slight surprise; he then replied, "Oh, yes.. I suppose I am. Your that L/N child? The one who.. I saw playing the violin at town square?"

Y/N softly smiled while looking into his eyes, slightly turning their body towards him. "Yes, yes, I remember that- my father scolded me quite a bit after that. Says it's not proper fit for a young lady/man/person such as myself."

"I- I see.." The peasant boy stammered in response, looking down awkwardly. Y/N walked towards the boy, tilting their head. "What have you come here for? You seem a little nervous." They commented, furrowing their brows.

"Oh- right." Liam then pulled out a rolled up paper from behind his back, and handed it to them. "Here you go, your.." "Ah, no need for formalities. You can simply call me Y/N." Corrected Y/N, as they took the paper.

"Why didn't you just drop it off at the porch? Surely you could've.." Liam cut them off quickly- "Couldn't, much to my dismay. The woman who answered the door seemed pretty intent on me giving it to everyone myself."

Y/N bit their lip, "Oh, mother.." They slightly snarled. Their mother had always commanded respect, even if it was not really necessary.

"Well, do not fret, I shall escort you out of here- if that is everyone, of course.." Muttered Y/N. "Ah, no need. I shall escort myself out of here, your- i- I mean Y/N!" Liam corrected himself, as red flushed his face like a wave.

Y/N bit back a smile, as not to seem rude. They had never seen such a adorable man in their life before.

"Well, if you insist, but.." Y/N paused, and walked over to a nearby daisy. They plucked it, and softly touched Liams hand, putting it inside his palm. He blushed again, but said nothing.

"Here, as a token of my gratitude for a good man such as yourself." Complimented Y/N, their fingers slowly letting go of Liams own. "Thank- thank you, sir/ma'am/your.." Liam scratched the back of his hair.

"Y/N. Y/N will be fine enough." Corrected Y/N once more, but they didn't seem annoyed.

Liam then turned around with a grateful smile, before tipping his hat and muttering a quick farewell. He then left off into the garden of green.

Y/N smiled. They had never had such a peaceful, not boring conversation in their life before. They hoped to meet that oddly adorable peasant boy soon enough.

-

2022, March 10th

The old aura of the place that Y/N had been visiting felt oddly familiar, yet a little eery at the same time. A house that had belonged to a family with the same last name as them? To be frank, it felt very weird.

They had been visiting the place with a good friend, Liam, and had been given free exploration of the place since the tour staff was kind enough to let them. They were the only people around inside the place after all.

What they had found themself drawn to was an oddly comforting Greenhouse.

They had been staring at a magnificent swan-shapes fountain inside of it for a while now, the sunlight glistening on the waters sticky yet cold surface. They were about to leave, before-

The door had opened, revealing Liam to be the one who had entered.

"Oh, hey man! What are you doing?" Asked he, curiously.

"Eh, nothin' much. Decided to go here cause it looked oddly pretty." Answered Y/N. Liam chuckled a bit, "Pff, okay, old man/lady/person." He slightly teased. This earned a giggle out of Y/N. Saying a quick "shut up", they turned to look at a section of daisies.

Liam also seemed to be looking around as well. Making it oddly silent inside of the place. Y/N broke the silence by joking, "Heh, maybe we came here in a past life or somethin'."

"Pff, maybe. It'd explain why an old man/lady/elderly such as yourself even liked this in the first place." Teased Liam again. Y/N rolled their eyes with a grin, and looked at the daisy curiously.

They plucked a little daisy out of the dirt, and went up to Liam.

Liam looked at them curiously. But looked even more confused as Y/N put a daisy in his hair, earning theirself one of the most odd looks Liam had gave them in a long time.

"Why did you do that?"

"I dunno.." Said they, an adoring tone in their voice.

For some reason, even though that probably wasn't allowed and they were most likely gonna have to put that back- they felt comforted at the sight of him with a daisy. Yet they were curious- why was it even comforting anyway?

///////////////
A