sacrifice

i was bored in math class
Jelsa Guardian/Spirit (sort of) AU
fun fact: i was so bored that i hand wrote this in cursive

There were poinsettias everywhere. Of course, his family would go all out on Christmas! It was, by far, the best month of celebration for the Overlands. It was the one time in the entire year where they would splurge on expenses, receive and give presents to family, and, overall, have a truly 'holly, jolly' season.

Supposedly, everything would be alright this Christmas.

Until Jack took his sister skating on the frozen lake.

**

There was a strong smell of chocolate in the air, and many tables were covered with white cloth and festive decorations. A Christmas tree stood tall and proud in the middle of the hall. They had just rung the Yule Bell yesterday and rediscovered their many old gifts for each other in the attic; many passed underneath doorways secretly. It had been almost thirteen years since they saw each other for Christmas, so it really was the first Christmas in forever (since they'd opened up the gates).

Supposedly, everything would be warm and comfortable this Christmas.

Until Elsa took Anna skating over the fjord.

**

It had been the older siblings' idea to skate somewhere and have some fun. Jack practically dragged Emma to the lake, and Elsa summoned her excitement and energy to frost up the entire fjord. They were jubilant, frolicking--almost dancing--on the ice that was thought safe and solid.

As presumed, the ice broke. They both fell in to save their younger sisters. The elders said it was an act of sacrifice and love.

It was because her skates were loose, and she fell, breaking the ice. It was because he jumped too high and landed too hard. It was because of themselves. No matter the reason, it was still an act of sacrifice and would be regarded as such.

When they were reborn as Guardians and Spirits, they searched for almost three hundred years until they found themselves and the answers: in Ahtohallan and in the Tooth Palace--memories instantly regained when they reached the right place. Another few decades passed until they found each other. Even though they had completely different personalities, they could still bond over their experiences and love for their siblings, their support beams, and the light of their lives.

They didn't have Anna or Emma beside them, so the best they could do was to rely on each other.

kinda crappy, ngl.
it's my first actual jelsa drabble though, yay :D