Category 2: Flash Fictions

If you say, "Let's get that clear, please. I'm not very good at building a dozen paragraphs and writing a long story. You know, they don't call me a person of concise narrative for no reason," or just "Let's try this too! What's wrong with having a little fun?" this category is just for you. Let's drop the details together.

In this activity, you have to write a story using only 6 words

In this activity, you have to write a story using only 6 words. This is hard, but also so enjoyable. You are free to write in any genre as long as it includes the classics and follows our retelling rule! We look forward to what will unfold.

For example:

Aurora's deep sleep, boss will rage!

Are those who have a longing for the And Then contest series here? With its rewinding magic clock, the And Then is even more magical this time! Cinderella playing hide and seek in the land of giants, Little Red Riding Hood hunted by a handsome gangster, Quasimodo traveling to a galaxy of Transformers in his spaceship, and many more.

Just check the sentence, try to form the next sentence, and then let your imagination turn into a story as your letters on the keyboard flutter in harmony.

So choose one of the following sentences and keep writing! Remember, you need to choose only one sentence then keep writing the story. We expect you to use one sentence per entry and not multiple in one entry. The sentence(s) you choose should be the first sentence(s) of the story and you must mark it/them on the form.

Sentence 1

✦The sea called to them, begging them to return home.

Sentence 2

✦When they awoke from their slumber, they discovered they'd been taken to a forest.

Sentence 3

✦When they looked into the mirror, they were unprepared to find a different face gazing back at them.

The rules for the contest are as follows:

✦ Your story must follow the prompt in the prompt chapter.

✦ Your flash fiction must be a maximum of 300 words for the And Then and only 6 words for the 6 word story.

✦ Your story must be in one of the listed languages in the Participating Profiles chapter.

✦ Please make sure your entry follows Wattpad's Content Guidelines prior to posting.

✦ To submit a flash fiction for this contest, please fill in this FORM. If you wish, you can comment your entry in the comment section.