Part 3. High all the time

You wake up confused from a loud noise and sirens outside your home.
Y/n: mama? *you yell but no answer. You quickly get out of bed as you go downstairs to see your mom blacked out, as a few officers stand by.
Y/n: mama! *you quickly try to rush to her but someone else grabs your arm from behind as they pull you into the other room*
Roman: Y/n, don't say a word, just do what I say for now.
Y/n: but who are they? Why is mama blacked out? They could be taking her!
Roman: Y/n just please not now. Just sit here and don't say or do anything I don't tell you to do.
*You hide in the dark closet as Roman leaves. You sit there praying they don't take your mother. Your mom was also a vampire much like Roman but at the same time she would try to control herself as much as she could but after sometime she started losing control, not caring who she killed. If the news got out she would most definitely be taken away. After praying for countless hours you fall asleep*
As you wake up, you find yourself in another house, you recognise this room. This is Roman's room. You go downstairs as you ask Roman
Y/n: Roman, where's ma?
Roman: Y/n, listen she had to be taken away-
Y/n: no she didn't.
Roman: Y/n, listen-
Y/n: no! You promised me you wouldn't let them take her away! *you said as you raised your voice*
Roman: Y/n she's gone! We all knew that no matter how much she kept on hiding this day would come. It doesn't matter who or why it happened, it did.
Y/n: if only I was more careful I could've just protected her-
Roman: Y/n, you couldn't. *he comes closer to you, taking your hand*
Roman: Y/n, you did nothing wrong. You're barely even 13 there's no way you could've protected her like that. You already did enough and as much as you could to protect her.
*your eyes starts to get reddish as he pulls you in, hugging you*
Roman: it's gonna be ok.
"Y/n? Y/n, Y/n!" You hear in small voice as you feel someone tapping on your shoulder. The ring continues, as after a few seconds you quickly open your eyes as you sit up.
Loki: Y/n, are you okay? You were crying in your sleep.
Y/n: uh yeah I'm.. I'm ok. Wha-what am I doing here? Why am I in your bed?
Loki: uh well I came home only to find you on the floor with a bottle of vodka in your hand and after taking you to your room you threw up there and then threw up on me. So here you are.
Y/n: oh uh I'm sorry
Loki: It's alright just here take this.
*He hands you a pill along with a glass of water*
Y/n: uh thanks.
Loki: Y/n, I know what it feels like to deal with nightmares so if you'd be comfortable enough you can talk about it. Is everything alright?
Y/n: Yeah uh everything's fine, really. It's just a personal problem that keeps bothering me.
Loki: well is there any way I can..I can help?
Y/n: uh well tell me one thing. You um you did betray Thor a couple of times right?
Loki: is that really relevant?
Y/n: well in a way. My point is you do love Thor right?
Loki: well I wouldn't say love more like tolerated him.. somewhat or something like that.
Y/n: Alright but despite that you still did betray him right? The thing is if you have to then would you betray someone you really love or care for? Or tolerate in your words.
Loki: Y/n the things is every time after betraying him even if it was for the plan I always felt somewhat of guilt and it never left. I mean every time after I betrayed someone I always felt a sense of guilt but after betraying Thor it was 100 times worse.
Y/n: hm I'm sorry, Loki. *You take his hand as you say but he pulls away*
Loki: so um does this happen to you often? Do you always get drunk like this?
Y/n: oh no well not that often. Just sometimes. Anyway I'm gonna go- *you say as you try to get up while holding onto the side table but Loki stops you*
Loki: you're not going anywhere, you need proper rest.
Y/n: yes but I have a lot of work to catch up on.
Loki: you cam get it done tomorrow right now you need some rest.
Y/n: yes but I really just can't sleep now.
Loki: alright well give me a minute.
Y/n: what?
Loki: just a minute.
*he goes out of the room for a few seconds as he comes back with a few blankets on pillows*
Y/n: what are you doing?
Loki: you really don't have enough patience do you?
*he lays down the blankets and the pillows on the balcony floor as he calls out to you.*
*You make your way to the balcony as he suggests you lie down there facing the night sky. As you lie down he lies down a few inches from you. As both of you enjoy a peaceful silence while looking at the beautiful sky*
Loki: I thought this might be a good idea cause sometimes when I can't sleep I just do this.
Y/n: it is. I do the same. The wind, the sky, the stars when looking at it, it just feels really peaceful and it feels like..like home.
Loki: what do you mean by 'at home'? I thought you were happy here
Y/n: well..I am but sometimes all of these just feels like..I don't know how to explain this feeling it just feels empty it doesn't feel like a home.
Loki: yeah that I get.
*he turns his head to you as he lightly smiles but for just a second you saw him dead. His eyes, lifeless. Blood dripping from his ears, mouth and nose but not breathing at all. After that image you gasp as you hear Loki again*
Loki: dear, are you alright?
*your breathing was heavier as your heart beat quickens rapidly*
Y/n: yeah I'm-I'm fine.
*both of you don't say anything else as you just enjoy each other's company in a peaceful silence*

***
Next evening

You get back from work as you go to Loki's room to see that he's reading once again.
Y/n: is that really what you do all day long?
Loki: well not much around to do is there?
Y/n: well I was thinking we could go out tonight?
Loki: just to hang out?
Y/n: no more as in like a date..if you'd like.
Loki: um well that's, that sounds...alright I guess I'll go out with you.
Y/n: great-
Loki: but-
Y/n: oh there's a but. I hate the but.
Loki: how about a little bet?
Y/n: go on.
Loki: tonight we'll just hang out like we usually do but go to new places, explore more things together and if we enjoy the time then we'll go on the date.
Y/n: ok
Loki: but if we don't really enjoy then we'll just stay friends as usual.
Y/n: alright fine, challenge accepted.
Loki: good.
Y/n: yeah I guess I'll see you tonight then.
Loki: wait tonight? I thought we were gonna go now.
Y/n: now?
Loki: yeah well I'm just bored so..
Y/n: eh sure why the hell not. C'mon on.

As you both go out you visit many places including going to an amusement park, having Loki go one the rollercoaster for the first time, try his first cotton candy, going to visit abandoned houses, watching a beautiful sunset from the top of a rooftop.
As you both return home at night you were just a little tipsy but not too drunk as Loki wasn't even close to drunk but still laughing while mocking a guy's outfit from earlier. You both chat as you make your way to your apartment.
Y/n: so did I win your stupid little challenge?
Loki: firstly it's not stupid secondly probably not.
Y/n: wait wha- you had a great time today you were laughing the time.
Loki: well I suppose so but..it's just you are like my only friend here on Earth well also in Asgard I guess and I just I like spending time with you but I don't I just don't want things to get ruined between us or don't want something to come between us you know?
Y/n: yeah I guess so. Loki listen I never meant
to force you on a date I just suggested it but if you don't want it then that's totally fine.
Loki: so we're okay right?
Y/n: yeah we're cool. Goodnight, Lo.
*you say as you give him a kiss on the cheek as you go to your room*
after Loki went to bed he spent almost two hours rolling from one side to another thinking did he actually make the right decision?
At almost 1:20 am you hear a knock on your door. Usually you wouldn't answer if you were sleeping but thanks to your past you couldn't as you stayed up watching tv. You open the door to Loki.
Y/n: what's up?
Loki: you win?
Y/n: what?
*without saying much Loki kisses you as much as you were confused you also kiss him back*
Y/n: Loki are you sure? Cause you should know I don't want to force you.
Loki: your not. I want to do this.
*you lightly chuckle*
Y/n: alright, when?
Loki: well I was hoping tonight.
you smile as you kiss him again as he pulls you into him with one of his arm wrapped around your waist and another as he closes the door behind you both..

***
To be continued..