Chapter 44.

"Hello?" She said as soon as the dial tone stopped ringing.

"Who is this?" The strange man's voice echoed  loudly through the speaker.

"My- Kaia gave me this number and she said to call in case of emergencies only. I'm Kayla Fulton, her sister."

"What happened?" His voice held a hint of panic.

"She hasn't been home in 4 days and she's hasn't texted or called. She's never been gone this long without telling me. Please help me. I'm worried and I don't know what to do."

"Okay. Text me your address and I'll be there later today. Try calling her again and see if you get anything different."

Kayla sighed, frantically dialling Kaia number and wondering how the guy on the other end could be so calm in this situation.

"No, I know that look. It's a work call and we're on vacation," Theo sighed, eating his breakfast as Dylan walked down the stairs giving him a quick kiss.

"Babe..."

"Dylan no. This is the one week that we're supposed to be together after not seeing each other for the rest of the year!"

"I think something happened to Kaia," he blurted out, causing Theo to immediately turn his head.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Her sister called and said she hasn't seen or heard from her in 4 days. I'm leaving in a few hours to go to her and get more details. I'm really sorry-"

"I'm going with you."

"What? Are you insane? You have to get back to work in Florida!"

"I'll take the week off, even a month. Fuck Dyl, I'll take an entire year off if it means I can help!"

Dylan smiled sadly, pulling Theo in for a hug. "You know I can't let you in on the investigation, but I'll appreciate all the help I can get."

They arrived a few hours later, at sunset meeting with Kayla to get more information. Her last whereabouts, where she could stay, possible enemies, grudges. Basic investigation questions to know whether there would be an actual case or not.

Dylan promised Theo not to mention anything to Cass as yet, until further notice. They needed to keep this between the 3 of them, and 2 of Dylan's friends from the bureau, who could get access to the official system, if Dylan happened to not be present.

"This...that was a mistake. A very very huge mistake," Lily said, fanning her face, as Grayson buttoned his shirt

"These things happen Lily. It's not a big deal," he chuckled.

"No, Grayson. You cannot mention that to anyone. No one needs to know."

He laughed coldly, rolling his eyes. "So you fuck me, get information from me, and then low-key threaten me if I were to tell someone?"

"I didn't thr-"

"Well played, Ms. Madden. I have a feeling this won't be the last we see of each other though," he winked before picking up his phone and wallet and walking out.

Lily grabbed her phone, seeing 25 text messages from Luca accompanied by 4 missed calls. Shit. She couldn't call him back after what happened. She switched off her phone, getting ready to head into work, still thinking about her night with Grayson, or her life with Luca.

Cass immediately stood up from his bed, rushing towards the bathroom, emptying his stomach into the toilet and groaning. He sat down with his back to the wall, holding his stomach and groaning.