The rain fight <3

(This first one is my remake of the season 3 byler fight. And also inspired by a tiktok that anneprker made. Go check out the tiktok. <3)

Will's POV

I watch has El walks up to Mike

"I dump your ass," She says, turning away from Mike. Her and Max run off to the bus. I'm shocked that she broke up with him but also a bit happy. I have had weird feelings for Mike for a while now and I'm starting to get used to them. I don't like that I'm different. I'm in love with my best friend. That's not normal, I hate that I'm so different and the bad part is I know that he will never return the feelings I have for him. It's impossible.

We are now watching the bus that El and Max got on leave. Mike doesn't look really that hurt but I have quickly noticed that he's not really good at expressing his emotions.

"Now can we play D&D?" I beg

"No-" Mike and Lucas say in sync.

..

"Do you guys hear that?" 

"It sounds like….thunder."

"But, no, wait. That's not thunder."

"It's…"

"A horde of juju zombies!"

"Sir Mike, your action." I ask

"What should I do?" Mike turns to Lucas.

"Attack?" Lucas says.

"Okay I attack with my flail." Mike says unamused. I roll the dice.

"-whoosh! You miss, your flail clanks the stone, the zombie horde lumbers towards you, and…"

"The Juju bites your arm. Flesh tears!"
"Aah!"
"Seven points of damage." I say dramatically.

"Oh, no, my arm. -Lucas look my arm" Mike says sarcastically. Lucas snickers.

"Sir Lucas, the zombie horde roars! Do you fight back or do you run?" I say, but before Lucas could respond the phone rang.

"No! It's a distraction! A trap. Do not answer it." They ignore me and get up quickly and scramble to the phone.

"What…No!" I say frustrated.

"El?" 

"No."

"Sorry, not interested" Mike says disappointed. He turns to Lucas.

"Telemarketers" he sighs.

"Maybe we should just call them." Lucas suggests.

"We can do that?" Mike asks.

"I think so" Lucas responds.

"-yeah, but what would we say?" Mike says

"We'll say nothing! The Khuisar tribe still needs your help." I say

"Alright, then." 

"I'll use my torch to set fire to the chamber, sacrificing ourselves, killing the jujus, and saving the Khuisar. We all live on has heroes in the memories of the kalamar."

"Victory." Mike finishes and high fives Lucas.

(Flashback to earlier)

Mike's POV

El just broke up with me. I dont know how to react. If I'm being completely honest with myself, a part of me is happy that she did. But I'm scared because now that shes gone I don't have anything to hide. I feel bad for using El. I care about her and love her just not in a romantic way. I feel really bad because I'm only with her to hide my true self.

But I'm scared of my true self. I really wanna tell Will that I have feelings for him. But it's too weird. I mean, I'm his best friend. I don't think he likes boys. There is so much homophobia in Hawkins I don't think I could come out or even tell anyone. Well what do I do now? I've lost El. Maybe I can try to get her back? I don't know..

(End of flashback)

Will's POV

"Okay. Fine. You guys win" I go over to the radio and turn it off while taking off my wizard costume. "Congratulations" I say sternly.

"Will, I was just messing around."

"Hey, let's finish for real. How much longer is the campaign?" Mike asks

"Just forget it, Mike" I continue packing my things.

"No, you wanna keep playing, right?" He looks over at Lucas.

"Y-Yeah, totally." Lucas hesitantly says.

"We'll just call the girls afterwards" Mike says

"I said forget it, Mike, okay?" I basically yell.

"I'm going home" I start walking to the basement stairs.

"But-" Mike starts. I get to the stairs.

"Come on, Will" Lucas stands in front of me.

"Move!" I yell sternly and push past him and stomp up the stairs. I open the door to the garage and see that it's raining but I don't really care. I just need to go home. I get to my bike and start packing things.

"Will, come on. You can't leave. It's raining."
"Listen, I said I was sorry, all right?"

"It's a cool campaign. It's really cool.
We're just not in the mood right now."

"Yeah, Mike. That's the problem. You guys are never in the mood anymore. You're ruining our party."

"That's not true," Mike says softly.

Mike's POV

"Really? Where's Dustin right now?" 

"See? you don't know and you don't even care. And obviously he doesn't either and I don't blame him." Will is rambing. But he is making sense. I have been ruining the party. With everything.

"You're destroying everything, and for what? So you can swap spit with some stupid girl?"

"I love you" I say, stopping him from talking. Wait, what did I just say?? Did I just…confess to him?

"W-what" he stares at me in disbelief.

"I love you, Will."

"And I have for a while I was just so scared of what people would say. All the hate. Bullying. Just because I love someone. I can't help that I love someone of the same gender. I feel ashamed of it. And I'm sorry you had to find out this way. And you probably think i'm gross, I'm-" Before I could finish talking I felt a pair of lips on mine. My eyes widen and realize that Will is kissing me. I kiss him back. Finally,

"Mike, I feel the same way. And have for a long time. I love you too Michael Wheeler." He says he puts his arms around my neck. I put my hands on his waist. We just hugged. A few minutes go by.

"Wow, I didn't know that you guys liked each other like that" Lucas laughs coming through the garage door. I jump and push Will off gently.

"It's okay, I'm not grossed out or anything. Just a little weird but I'll get used to it" he says, walking over to us.

"Thank you Lucas" I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. We all smile at each other and walk back into my house. 

I love Will, but maybe we went a little too fast. I dont think I'm ready to come out yet. But I'll make it work.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎