Healing

POV: Y/n

- - - - - - - -

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning and attempting to visualize everything around me. My eyesight was blurry and it felt like the world was spinning. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, adjusting my vision. Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic stood in front of me. I was on a couch of someone's place. I snapped back to reality and noticed those that faced me.

Knuckles tried clapping in my face to see if I was conscious enough to understand what was happening, but Tails forced Knuckles arms back down and shook his head, signalling that it was rude. Sonic sped into the kitchen, and came back with a wet rag, placing it on my head. I groaned a tad bit more, feeling a headache develop. What happened? All I remember was being kidnapped by Dr. Eggman, escaping E/n, and being saved by Sonic. Then, it seemed like the temperature of how heated things got passed me out, presumably by being overwhelmed. Waking up here didn't make it any easier to figure things out, just wishing to go back to sleep out of tiredness.

I took a deep breath before lying back down, trying to get myself to relax. I threw my arm over my head exaggeratedly, shaking my head "How long have I been out for?" I asked curiously. The others seemed nervous to tell me, but made an agreement to spill the beans "3 Days." Tails spoke. I jolted up from the position I was originally in "3 DAYS!!!?" I questioned out of pure disbelief, then we all drew our attention on a huff we heard from the entrance of this house "Yeah. 3. This is Tails' place, he offered to bring you and Silver here for safety after all the events with Eggman and his robots, but because it was an emergency to escape, we couldn't use the Chaos Emeralds to end The Dr's plans for good, but at least the Base was demolished." He explained, giving an edgy stare. I face palmed, a bit lost but somehow got it all in my head. 'Too many adventures everyday. I guess that's all in the life of Sonic and being a friend of his.' I thought. I'm for the most part fine with it, everything with Sonic is fun and always will be! (^^)

I instantaneously remembered Silver, starting to panic once more, almost worse than 3 days ago. I stood up unsteadily and dizzy "W-Where is Silver!? Is he alright!?" I asked, about to collapse. Amy and Rouge ran in and saw my weak form pushing to stand up, so they ran by my side and sat me back down "It's okay, Hon. He'll be fine." Rouge reassured "He's resting in another room. That bullet went through him pretty rough." Amy added. I pushed both of them out from my path "BULLET!? THROUGH HIM!!?? WHERE IS HE!!??" I Panicked "He has a 30% chance of surviving. The.maximum.of speed.it held.in the heavy metal bullet was dire enough to start a fire in his organs. But by.his strength and natural mobility, he was able to survive it.that's if.he stays.alive." E-123 Omega spoke, in which all of us verbally panicked more. I ran past everyone and began checking each room carefully, standing in a doorway and heading onto the next.

I searched approximately 3 rooms before making it onto the 4th, Silver remained there. I sighted him down as he lied there, motionless and quiet. His eyes were closed, unfamiliar with apparent Reality. I walked up to the bed he rested in, standing besides it. He had bandage wrap around his waist, arm, and legs. Empty silence was all to be heard, nothing more. It felt so empty that it almost sounded like the room was making noise for the air that circulated around the room. The leaves on the trees flowed to the wind, thus I felt the peace along with it, but I couldn't help but feel this is my fault. He got injured, and it can't be estimated if he is still alive or not, or momentarily for now. He went all of his way just to save me, but Sonic ended up doing the job, I'm sure that's not what Silver wanted. All he wanted was to show resilience, independence, and a heroic character in him that he displays for specifically me to see. The others clearly notice it, but it seems like whenever they try to make any interaction with me, Silver steps in. That showed to me that he was jealous all this time..He probably even had to get his thoughts on hold if he couldn't express jealousy the right way. He had mistaken Jealousy for Aggression, he never felt jealousy over anyone before, so he released it as anger. He only wanted to protect me, but because of it, he's hurt..and hopefully not dead.

I deeply care for the innocent Mobian, alike myself, He's gentle, kind, loving, and strong. He never meant any harm, he just wanted to defend himself from any danger, along with me who he only met not all too long ago. I loved him, alot. But I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him unless I know he likes me back..but I can't be so sure. Again, it is possible that he has Blaze, and I don't want to intervene. He's so exciting to me, and I really hope I could take the time to get to know him a little more..but now, according to his injuries, he needs enough time to heal, so that'll take longer.

I carefully placed some covers over Silver, tucking it nice around him to make sure he doesn't get cold. I kissed his forehead and whispered 'Get well soon' before sliding my hand in his. I stared at our collided fingers for a brief moment, but separated them to not look like we're doing something..unusual, for the hedgehog was not awake. I took a few steps back before I bumped into someone. Speedily turning around, I was met to make eye contact with Sonic. He smiled slightly, trying to make me do so as well. My pupils found the floor as the first thing to view at. "So you 'Do' like him, huh?" He teased. I blushed and squeaked "I..uh..was-uhm-just making sure he wasn't..catching a cold!" I made an excuse. He looked down at me from a superior angle and crossed his arms "In his sleep.." He questioned knowingly "Y-Yeah?" I answered, dumbfounded myself. He laughed a bit before patting my back "I'll tell ya, Silver can be pretty unique at times, others he just seems like he's having a rage quit over something he doesn't like." He joked, making me laugh along with him as well. "To be honest..I feel like he likes you back." He jumped onto a more serious topic, catching me off guard "R-Really?" I stuttered out. He sighed and sat at the edge of the Bed Silver slept in, patting the spot besides him. 'I'm guessing me and Sonic are about to have a talk that'll become a very valuable life lesson in the end. Oh boy...' I figured. I walked to the bed and sat besides him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, of course I do. And I'm not just saying that to make you believe something your not so sure of. Sometimes you can tell from a person's body language to understand their feelings, and lately for Silver, he's been stuck to you like glue." He started, and I only listened "He's been protecting you, talking to you, heck, he even been spending more time with you than he usually does with Blaze! And though he is quite Naive and almost falls for anything anyone tells him, nobody had to tell him to save you because of the danger you were in." He spoke. I turned to him with a light of hope in my e/c eyes. "He chose to save you when he didn't have to. That just shows how much he loves you, how much he cares, and how desperate he wants you guys' connection to continue, despite the risk he put on himself and others. Your special to him, Y/n. So all of that had nothing to do with you taking the blame...All of that in one action shows how much he wants you. And not only does he care, but we all care for you, too. Keep your head up and stay strong, it'll get you somewhere one day!" He comforted, placing his hand on my cheek and winking. I grabbed his arm and nodded, taking all of his words as encouragement "I will, Sonic! Thank You!" I said happily. "No problem! It's too easy for me to make those I care about most happy." He stood up and booped my nose, being as silly as he always is. He walked towards the doorway, but stopped. He turned around and gave me the thumbs up "And Remember to Smile!" He finished before speeding away.

I looked at Silver, resting as innocent and peaceful as can be. Sonic was right, Silver may possibly like me, and while he's healing, maybe...just maybe if Silver is still alive...that's gonna be my chance to try to confess my love to him! I'll be as delicate with my words as possible just to not ruin our friendship in case he doesn't feel the same way. If he cares for me, I'll care for him, and even Take Care of him! Apart, we're still together, Dark, we'll always find each other...We Are Unity. We Are A Symphony. We're each other's Light! No matter what, we'll both stay hopeful! So whenever it's tonight, tomorrow, a week, month, or year, I'll eventually Confess! And when I do..If I do...

I hope he feels..The Same Way. <3