Day -9 - +2

8/23/22; 9:47pm

GAW DAYM I suck at writing on a solid schedule. But I will just say that this past week has been nice in all honesty. Like, I'm tired of course, but even with all of my events this week and then my first two days of class, I've found nice tranquility here. 

Of course, I'm living day by day kind of by ear, which is dangerous, but hopefully, I can get things sorted out. I'm talking mostly financially, books are going to be my financial ruining right now, and I'm going to have to take out a loan. It's a subsidized loan though, so it won't start accumulating interest or anything until I graduate, so that's good. Hopefully, I can work towards paying it off even before then. Probably not, that's kinda unrealistic, but we shall see where the road takes us from here I guess.

Anyway, onto the bits and pieces I remember from this last week or so, uhh not much really. I have the memory of a goldfish so, it's to be expected I guess. I have some acquaintances up here, my Mentor for the year (Juan), the other mentee (Manny), a girl from my support program (Haley), and then a few people from my resident hall (Edmind, Jocelyn, Auldin, & Grace). The people in my resident hall play ping pong basically every night so we're chill.

My roommate recently moved in, finally. As you know (and if you don't, well here's the debrief), her mom saw the pride stuff and immediately went to praying and blessing the room (and me) with holy water. Good times. My roommate herself is really nice, I vibe with her, so luckily it isn't an awkward situation or anything. Of course, she's still getting acclimated and everything since she didn't have as much time as me to get used to everything, so there are still a couple of strange barriers up right now. 

Onto class itself. Yesterday, I had three classes: a math lecture, wind ensemble, and my small group communications class. Not too much to really report about those ones, they're very straightforward. Math, band, work with people. In today's classes, I had a math discussion (different from the lecture) and it sucked only because there was the stupidest girl ever in there. I did not want to deal with that level of stupidity that early in the morning. After that, I got to head back to my dorm and chill until it was time for my character design and storyboarding class; unfortunately, that class is online, I really would have liked to take that in person and use some of the studios, but the in-person classes filled up really quick so. 

After that I had another small interval until my last class of the day; logic and critical thinking. I liked that class, the professor talked about techniques used to manipulate people lmao. The only new class that I have tomorrow is my writing for public class, aka, my journalism class. 

As for homework, not too much, I had to take a quiz by midnight tonight, but I got that done a little while ago so I'm all good, but now I gotta finish that math assignment from today. Actually, it's not due until Thursday, so I'm chillin'. 

I was playing ping pong with my little group a few minutes ago, but I was tired for one, and then people from another resident hall came in and started being too loud so I just took my leave.

BUT, no matter how tired I may be right now, I need to stay awake because I want to wait for maintenance to finish on Genshin so I can go exploring in Sumeru. Super excited and I'm hoping it makes me become more invested in the game since I kind of fell off for a bit. Of course, I'm going to be busy, so I can't be spending all of my time on Genshin at the moment, but I've basically been here for all of the region drops, give or take a week on like a couple of mini regions. 

Alrighty, well, I'm sure that's all for today! I will check in again hopefully very soon!

Sincerely, 

Sebastian The Procrastinator

P.S. I miss Mhyla (my dog) and Lucifer (my cat) and my besties (Nate/Zan/Jegan) <3