Chapter 1-Meet Her/Them

Hi,I had promised myself not to write another love story but somethings surpass human understanding. My feline soul stretches into the ether of nature to sense the broader reality of living. I have been in quite a handful of relationships, yet I dont know if in any of them I was in love . Or maybe I dont understand the aspect and the feeling of being loved fully.Don't confuse it though,I have been in many relationships but only once I feel I was in love. Let me tell you how I met her. It was in the middle of a pandemic. The government had subjected every tom Dick and harry to forceful quarantine unless you are arrested or found dead in the streets like they showed on tv. The only survival tactic was to  put on a mask and constantly wash hands and avoid shaking hands. I know!it sounds shitty but again. I still stayed at my parents house so whether i liked it or not abiding by the rules was a must. The worst part is i had just landed from the city a day after the lock down was imposed. Everybody was treating me like I owned the virus already. All of them wanting to know how people back in the City were weak and walking like zombies. Whether I said hi to anyone on my way and if I did whether i washed my hands with soap and Alot of water.I was given my own private room , I did not have to do anything for myself  which in the history of being my mum's son was not allowed neither was it even entertained. Let me take you back slightly before the Pandemic I was in the middle of a relationship. This particular one Id say was my Pivot. I dated the cutest girl I have ever met to date, Nayomi. To date ,I feel this was the one . You know that one girl you want your kids to look like. She was nasty and Holy at the same time. One who would read you Luke chapter 8:3-5 and before you know it will be reciting songs of solomon with zeal . A mixture of Mary and Delilah exempt the betrayal part though. I was in college then so I obviusly couldnt do much in terms of dates. As ashamed as I am to say this ,she spent more in this relationship than I did,all i did was invest my feelings ,she did both. Nayomi wasn't Thick ,no , she wasn't skinny either.she was what nowadays we call pengting! She was slightly shorter than me such that she could hug me and she'd cover up the better part of my chest . She did not wear dresses often but when she did she possessed a set of light brown stretch marks on her outer thigh. She wasn't as tall as the tv models but her walking style gave it all . She was keen with her step making sure she knew what and where she stepped. I doubt she ever fell down as a child. I wanted a life around her so bad. I guess this is what pushed us apart. In the midst of our relationship I grew fond of someone eles. You are probably twisting your mouths thinking "dude you cheated " no i did not or maybe i did. I met Shiro, a thick kikuyu babe , cute woman, short . She  was everything I had ever wanted in a woman . I did not fall in love with her though ,no. I just sat and crushed on her from a distance. I don't know how the human mind worked, but I managed to convince myself she would be mine someday. Automatically, she became my crush .  This put my relationship with Nayomi at Jeopardy . I honestly wanted her like really wanted her . But i had never been in a relationship as long as The one I was having with her . There is one thing about women knowing there worth and men realizing what they had after its already gone. She finally got tired of me and moved on , not completely  though, in my defense she never told me until I found out and then it hit me on How of an asset she was to me . How i was slowly loosing grip, how nothing was making sense . Brethren I am sad to say this was the first time I ever cried because of a relationship. Maybe this was my first ever relationship as a grown man,sorry almost grown man. She had fallen in love with a boy who looked like a man and she ended up disappointed. I realized what I had done wrong so I tried fixing things with her which i did . But now I am in a relationship with someone who isn't as into it as I was. I know its none of your business but Nayomi was nasty. She was one to put on lingerie on those nights, pop up with ice cubes, be down to being tied down, one who would be willing to take up ice cream from her loins . The thought of someone else doing the nasty with her killed me . What better way than just stay with her and hope that maybe she might feel the same way in the midst of the relationship. By the time we got into the pandemic I was almost sure things were never going to work out. In the midst of the pandemic I lost my best friend. My support system. How does one person have the power to always have the right answer to things. WhatsApp groups were created for the burial arrangements. Most of the members happened to be alumni's of the school we both attended as kids. Thats when I met this girl. Her name was Regina. I still believe she is the cutest woman I have  set my eyes on . You are probably wondering because I said Nayomi was the cutest. She was, Regina was also cute. Her skin was as rich and deep as any stately home mahogany . There was a deep richness to her black skin; a homely vibe that brought to mind fireside reading and the great philosophers. Perhaps that is me seeing my family in her face, transposing their sweetly intellectual humour and ways to her, yet we humans enjoy linking good memories with the prospect new and wonderful friends. It's how we are. She had eyes of an Egyptian goddess ,they spoke with emotion , a language that my soul understood.she wasn't so short but short enough to properly fit in my embrace. She had a slightly small nose that perfectly complimented her baby face. Her smile!My God! You see one thing about being in love is you assume everything else.Red flags turn pink speed bumps become pivots and bad behavior is termed nasty. Regina had a fine body, i just used fine for lack of a proper word. She was one who would walk with her shoulders held high, her neck firm and confidence oozing from her skin. Contrary to the ladies of this generation she was a lover of swahili music ,here we call it Bongo. She was one who would jam to a "Mbosso" classic and make you jealous of how happy she turned out to be from music considered "for the naive and simps"
Just like any other man I have my list of the quality of woman I want in my life. I have always wanted a plus size mama ,with a flat tummy🫣, nice voice and if lucky enough one who could sing.Outgoing,nasty and many other qualities that come up as the relationship goes. Trust me Regina wasn't plus size ,she had a nice voice, not so girly not so hoarse ,something in the middle. The kind of voice that says "Babe hujanihug leo " and you'd smile your way into her arms . She was Apt , not so outgoing and for the nasty part she was a 9/10 the 1 is for
you to to add after you are done reading all this.

.........................

"Finally I knew, I did not need the worlds attention ,his was enough, Neither one of us was perfect but we were perfect for each other. Each one pushing, pulling demanding and accepting till finally I saw that in the whole entire world there was no one else for him and no one better for me." She looked right inside my eye and pulled her arm from my shoulder. Movies were not really my thing, especially romantic ones. But this one felt good like it was specifically meant for me to see or rather us . It was speaking to us, If us still existed.............