Undercover

David is perplexed about what he should do. Should he go undercover to try to find out more about The Paperboy? Or should he decline Captain Jackson's offer and try to lead an everyday life from now on?

He decides to go undercover and meet up with Captain Jackson.

Jackson is thrilled that David agreed to go undercover and explains the mission to him. He explains that recently the department received a call regarding the whereabouts of The Paperboy. This person had helpful information regarding The Paperboy's location. The man was apparently a survivor of one of The Paperboy's attacks. He tells David that the man is currently at the station and can go to an interview to gain more information on the situation.

Jackson tells David how they are having a hard time tracking the IP of The Paperboy due to him using a VPN when he uses his phone. He states that they are currently trying to crack the code, but that could take days, weeks, or even months to break. He then says that he wants David to talk to the survivor to try to get any more leads on The Paperboy.

"But what if he doesn't provide us anything useful?" David asks.

"We keep trying. We're not going to give up that easily," Captain Jackson says in a severe tone.

"I understand," David responds.

Captain Jackson tells David that they have the survivor somewhere safe and should go there now and talk to him about The Paperboy.

Detective Claire Masters sits at her desk reading through some case files. She has just come back from a massive success with helping the FBI, and it's time to enjoy the fruits of her labor. Namely, time off. She is going over old case files to see if any possible unsolved cases need to be reopened. She finds a file that reads:

CASE 2934; Murder-Suicide, Victims (3), Survivors (2) Suspects (1)

She remembers the two kids they talked to and their cousin. Then something dawns on her. Their cousin said, "find the guy who did this, and you'll be doing me a great service." She opens the file and begins to read the interview notes when she stops at the name Uncle Jack.

"That's what the kid called him in the interview," she says to herself.

She then begins to feel sick to her stomach as fear begins to come over her. "How did we miss this..."

She decides that there is only one way she'll get more information on this, and it will be with a personal visit.

She packs up her things and leaves the building. She arrives at a bar that she knows him to go to. She waits outside for him until he comes out. He is surprised to see her.

"Claire, what a pleasant surprise," he says while trying to maintain balance.

"Mr. Morgan..." she says in a severe tone. "I know what you did."

Jack gets noticeably quieter and struggles to maintain his balance. She grabs him and pulls him into a random alleyway. She then shows him a printed-out dossier on what he did after coming home from the war.

"How did you...but I made sure to hide all evidence!" he says, panicked.

"People can only keep their mouth shut for so long, and the families of your victims wanted justice and with good reason," she informs him in a severe tone.

He backs away slowly from her as he reaches for something in his pocket. She draws her gun from her holster and aims it at him.

"Don't make me do this, Mr. Morgan," she says, aiming the gun at his head just as another squad car pulls up.

He continues to fumble with his pocket as he becomes more nervous. Then, an explosion knocks them off their feet.

The Paperboy watches as the package he dropped off at the bar goes off with a huge blast. He laughs as he grabs another box out of the hatchback. He lights it with his lighter and throws it into the alleyway. An explosion occurs shortly afterward as the bar is completely destroyed in a fiery explosion.