1|The Opposite

"Damn bitch, why don't you just sell yourself you fucking whore?!"

There's a saying that a father was every daughter's first love, but to Serafina, her father was the nightmare itself. It's always the other way around.

As if it needed to do, father pulled her hair and dragged her to the family room, no matter how hurt her head felt, or how dizzy she was feeling right now.

"Face me you a piece of shit!"

Father got angrier seeing his step daughter not facing him, but facing the floor.

But how come?

The grab was so tight and the last thing Serafina wanted was to cry. Holding back tears, Serafina was so used to the pain.

But sometimes she just didn't understand a feeling as if a fraction of glass stabbed her heart. She hated it.

Father forced her to look up at him. He pulled her hair tighter. "Listen here moron, the least thing that you can do is to make me proud of you! What does even the fucking A- mean in your report card?!"

Father was a great politician who worked for the government. The image he had in public was having a perfect family. Now, when the family had gone, Serafina was in charge of all the expectations of the definition. She must be a perfect daughter. The flawless one. The best amongst the best.

He blindly forced her to be perfect, when her father knew that no one could be perfect.

"I'm so sorry father, I was sick and not able to learn some more."

"It's you that so stupid! Gosh, I wish you were not my daughter!"

He simply walked away. After saying such a thing, the father would not be interested to know that once again, he shattered her heart with his words.

It's only a math test. She was sick and still forcing herself to learn until three in the morning, but the result just wasn't as expected. It turned out different. Other than math was straight A's, but the dirt was so clear to see.

Trash.

Not her, but of course her father. Playing it like a good kid, Serafina acted as if she lived to please him, when in fact, Serafina only did this for the sake of her sanity.

"Miss Carter, lunch is ready as your requested."

Serafina Emory Carter was her full name, the surname she hoped she didn't have.

The maid went after to do her job. Probably back to their job. The maids here all were not daring to care for their young miss. The master told everyone in the house only to mind their own business without interfering or even touching Serafina's life.

******

Sebastian Seavey.

You heard his name. The only son of the landlord, and came from the richest family in town . You might think he's some cool boy with great personality. In fact, he's the mischief one.

His father, Jasper Seavey had already given up to keep Seb in order. He somehow realized, Seb was too much of a free spirit he was.

Dad was so busy to work with his business rather than to pay attention to his only dearest son. Mom has left years ago when Seb was only a baby.

Sebastian's mom was coming from a billionaire that married off to her dad. But his grandmother didn't agree her child being married to a landlord, even tho his dad rich, not as rich as mom. Not rich enough to getting the blessing. The inheritance was so attractive that mom chose to leave their family or she wouldn't get a single penny that she's supposed to.

Sebastian might be rich, but his style was off that everyone thought he's a homeless. He did that actually only to piss off his dad, to get the attention he's been craving for.

When he's in the mood, he would dress like a prince from a fairytale and claimed himself as the ruler. He didn't care when everyone laughed at him for not dressing properly. All he cared about was himself being happy.

"Yo child, what do you think you're doing?"

Jule, his best friend mocked him in a playful way. Seeing his bestie dressed like this was not surprising at all. Jule always knew that Sebastian was getting odd day by day. The only thing that surprised him was, Seb was loved by everyone in town and school.

"I'm the ruler and how dare you speak to me like that?! I demand your apologize, now!"

Jule sometimes thought that Seb needed to go to the therapist.

"I'll get him some therapist."

Before Jule could say any more things, someone dragged Seb away. Seb was struggling to get away as if he was tortured by him.

"Get change, brother."

The Greek God of the school, Rayen, finally let him go. His deep amber eyes scanning Seb from head to tow, in disgust.

"What are you doing, people?! I was talking to my servant!" Seb was referring to Jule that he had chatting with.

"I demand you to start acting like a normal teenager, King!"

No, Rayen was not the normal person you thought. He actually was just following Seb and like a puppy Rayen was, he would just agree in the end.

But Rayen was not gonna let Seb dressing like this when he's at the school.

"Oh Gowd, have some mercy!" Rayen started acting annoying.

"Shut up you people! Get out of my way!" Seb frowning, not in the mood anymore.

"You may dress like a homeless boy in the street Sebastian, but at school? You surely want to get more punishment by dressing like this!"

Rayen might not the mature one in the friendship, but he was the most caring person among them.

"What do you mean by 'dressing like this'? Don't you think it's cool? Or do you think I should do cross dressing? Yeah, cross dressing will be so much fun, won't it?"

Rayen rolled his eyes, "Whatever plans that you create in your mind right now, just stop it! Don't you dare to make a scene!".

"Dad will be okay with that. You're not my dad."

Rayen swear, Seb was the most childish teenager he's ever known.

"Seb, if you ever think of—"

"Shhhh I know, I know." Seb just shove it away because the last thing that he hoped to hear was being lectured by Rayen.

"You know what?!"

"I know that I'll get expelled eventually, so why don't make it fast."

"You know what Seb? You're so stupid! The stupidest human being!"

Guess Rayen would give up in the end of the day.