#2, Today's Your Day

The day went by and the evening fell. The sun slowly sunk into the ocean that surrounded the island, creating a beautiful sunset. I always loved sunsets. They were one of my favorite things in the entire world.

"Y/N!"

My brother's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I quickly stepped down from the bridge above the raptor paddock. The paddock was built at the side of the island, next to a cliff, so you had a full view on the ocean from here. It was beautiful and peaceful. "I'm coming!" I shouted and hurried down the metal stairs, to my brother.

"Great there you are. I've got some monthly reports to hand in but.. I can't do it myself. Here's the address. Good luck." Owen handed me a bunch of papers with a blue post-it note on top. The note included an address written in his sloppy handwriting. I wanted to ask him why he couldn't do it but he was already gone before I could even open my mouth.

***

Not aware of what was about to happen, I followed the instructions on the little blue paper and made my way into the Samsung Innovation Center at the Main Street. I hardly ever came here and definitely not in the restricted area that was for employee's only.

With the papers clamped against my chest, I walked into a hall full of small little office's and a door at the end. That was the door where I needed to be.. As I walked I could feel people stare. It wasn't usual for a dinosaur handler to come here and perhaps the smell the raptors left on me was partly at fault as well.

Once I reached the door, my eyes fell on the small silver name plate on the wall next to it:
"Ms. Claire Dearing, Senior Assets Manager."

I gulped. Of course Owen didn't want to hand these in himself.. My hands suddenly felt really sweaty—god why was I so nervous about this? It's not like I ever dated her.. unlike my brother. Maybe she didn't even know who I was, or maybe I could tell her we're not even related.. There were plenty of options, I had nothing to worry about..

"Excuse me, do you have an appointment with Ms. Dearing?" A sweet feminine voice pulled me out of my worries and I looked to the right. I hadn't noticed there was a desk with a woman behind it. Dammit I must've looked ridiculous staring at that nameplate.. "Uh no... No not really but... I've got reports to hand in—is that okay?—if not, I'll just come back some other time, really." I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck as I looked at the woman. She had straight black hair and bright green-blueish eyes that were surprisingly kind. I had to admit, she wasn't ugly.

"No it's alright. She does not have anything on her schedule right not. Although I cannot decide for her so.. You should ask her if she isn't bothered by your visit." The assistant nodded at the door to the office. I could feel my palms starting to sweat and the pace of my heartbeat was going through the roof. "Of course—Thank you for the uh.. help." I forced a small polite smile onto my lips and then turned my face to the door. I raised my hand and knocked to times. There was no going back now..