PROLOUGE I

2nd may 1998

"Fuck" Daphne cursed as she was backed up into a dark room at the end of the Hogwarts corridor she was previously fighting in, her sister Astoria right by her side. "we're cornered" she kept her military style gaze locked on the three Weasleys, Granger and little Scottish boy she had never encountered before, her eyes briefly glanced down at an older woman she had just killed with a blood boiling jinx who had somehow made the group she was fighting become that much more angry "we need to find a way out"

Ron sneered at her as he got closer from the door way and stepped into the room, his eyes glossy as the others of his posse pulled the body out of the way "Dirty death eater" he threw a curse at her which she deflected perfectly with a flick of her wrist before throwing one back at him which he also deflected with ease, she wasn't the type to give compliments but he was better at his wand work than he was in Hogwarts.

Of course though, not a match for her.

She threw two more jinxes at him at fast speed, stepping forward and narrowing her eyes at him as he took two steps back and had more difficulty blocking these. Another spell grazed her hip, she hissed in pain as she felt the skin on her hip start to heat up, small bubbles protruding out of her. She looked in the direction of the spell to see Ginny had her wand pointed straight for Daphne's throat as she threw another spell. Before Daphne had any time to react Astoria deflected the spell and cast a jinx straight for Ginny, catching her knee and bending it in a weird position. She howled out in pain and briefly lost her balance as she quickly cast a spell on her self to paralyze her leg in order to stop the jinx from spreading.

Within a moment the others had joined her opponents, out numbering her side as Daphne and Astoria deflected spells that they constantly threw at them. Flashes of blues, reds and purples lit up the room as Daphne took a step back feeling her arm getting weak from constantly deflecting the non stop spells.

It had been an hour since the war of Hogwarts started and they had just managed to flee from the chaos of the courtyard to a side hallway where they both tended to their wounds. Daphne had dried matted blood in her hair that she was sure belonged to a young Gryffindor boy she had murdered, or maybe it was the professor she ripped apart limb by limb because he dared to lay a hand on her sister.

It was getting difficult keeping count.

"we need to call them" Astoria struggled over the spells that came at her, keeping her posture straight as she threw a jinx at the Scottish boy that missed his head by an inch "we're at a disadvantage"

"we need a couple more minutes" Daphne choked out as her foot hit the edge of the platform that was behind her "He said he needed time"

The pain on her hip was becoming unbearable as she continuously duelled, but they needed time, Draco needed time, it was more important than this, more important than her need for backup.

She could handle this herself, she told herself as she threw a heavy curse at the Scottish boy knocking him to the ground and then aimed her wand at Granger, casting a Disarming charm. If she could eliminate the best duellers then they would be easier to tackle, quicker to get rid of so she could finish her task.

"Astoria, get the tall one" she signalled as she threw a jinx at Ginny which ricocheted off of her shield and hit a wall behind Daphne's head.

The pain was getting worse as it spread to the tops of her thighs.

One more minute

They could make it for just one more minute

One of the Weasleys aimed his wand at Astoria and before any of them could react in fast enough speed he spoke a spell foreign to both Daphne and her sister. It struck her in the heart and threw her back towards a wall, knocking her unconscious.