Epilogue

* Please please please read the notes at the end regarding the sequel!!

Before Dagur's trial – or more specifically, before he's immediately sent to the highest security Outcast Prison from a small holding cell on Outcast island - You went to see him. Your father and Hiccup tried as much as they could to dissuade you from going but being your father's daughter you were stubborn. Not taking no or "He tried to kill us!" for an answer.

You knew he did all of that. You still wanted to try and make him see the error of his ways. You were nothing if not persistent.

You were going to walk in there, have a stern talk with Dagur about what not to do when trying to win a girl's affections and how he managed to screw up that entire thing.

What you did not expect, however, was to see a much smaller looking boy sat opposite the cell door. Shackled up with a bruise or two on his face as well as his helmet gone and hair hanging loosely from its braid.

You felt your lower lip wobble and a heavy feeling in the back of your throat as the Outcast guard opened the door to you. "You get 10 minutes." He told you sternly. You swallowed the feeling in the back of your throat, already sick of being told what to do by Vikings who think they know better.

"I'm the daughter of a Chief. I get as long as I want." You growled at him. The guard went to deny this but decided against this when he saw your glare on him as you held the door open.

By the time you'd entered and shut the door, Dagur was looking at you. He didn't say anything as you approached him slowly. You swallowed as he refused to break eye contact with you.

"Y/N-"

He didn't get the rest of whatever he was going to say out before you hugged him. You didn't stop the tears from falling or your lip wobbling as you sniffed into his shoulder. You knew he couldn't hug you back, but he rested his head on your shoulder and let out a heavy sigh.

"I knew you'd come for me. You're gonna let me out so I can finally take down Hiccup and his pathetic Nightfury-" He was cut off again by you pulling back and punching him in the face. You almost felt bad for him considering the amount of bruises he already had, but then you remembered what he'd just said.

"Are you kidding me? After everything you did, you expect me to let you go??" You hissed, standing up from where you'd been crouched to hit him. Dagur's cheek throbbed, a clear look of betrayal on him. Your punch had been strong and unrelenting.

He couldn't help but let a laugh erupt from him. It made you jump the way it just burst from his chest and out of his mouth, throwing his head back as his shoulders shook.

"That was a good punch, my love! I wouldn't expect anything less from you!"

He couldn't look any more love struck if he tried. Well, love struck and incredibly unstable. The eye that wasn't bruised was wide and blood shot, while he was just sat grinning and laughing.

"If you'd just listened to me! Listened to Hiccup, even! You wouldn't be in this mess! But no, you couldn't let go of your pride for one minute. And you let it blind you so much that you put yourself and the entire Archipelago in danger!" You told him, venom dripping from your words as your voice raised. That caught his attention. He instantly stopped laughing, his grin dropping into a frown as he stood up to stand in front of you.

"Everything I did. I did for us. Why can't you understand that?!" He spoke quietly for a change, suddenly bursting into a yell before obviously going to pelt for the door. You weren't letting that happen.

You gripped his shoulder and threw him back with all your might, slamming him into the floor as you slammed your foot next to his head and leaned down to make eye contact with him again. To make sure he knew exactly what you brought to the table.

"Did you just...? You were never this strong before..." He gave a small laugh. The fact that he wasn't taking any of the situation seriously made you even more upset, to the point angry tears forced their way out. You moved your foot, choosing to kneel next to him on the floor.

"All I want is for you to take what I'm saying seriously." You told him as he went to sit up, wincing at the pain from his back and cheek still throbbed. He simply looked at you for a second before looking at the door.

"I...I do. Baby, of course I do. What kind of husband would I be if I didn't?"

"That's just it, Dagur! You're not my husband! And you haven't taken anything I've said seriously since you found out Berk was training dragons. The only thing you chose to actually take in was when I told you I loved you and even then, it didn't change anything. You still tried to kill my family. I can't just let that go."

Without even realising it, you'd brought up something incredibly close to Dagur's seemingly insane heart. The fact that you did, in fact, love him. It struck a chord.

"You were telling the truth?" He asked slowly, resulting in you looking up at him from the floor with tears rolling down your face and an offended look.

"You didn't believe me?!"

"No, No I did! Of course, I did! It's just, after Hiccup appeared and the dragons started causing chaos, I started thinking...did you ever love me in the first place?" He asked darkly, a shackled hand reaching out to grip yours.

You glanced at his larger hand holding yours and then back at him. That same sad look in his eyes.

"Yes."

Dagur pushed himself forwards to kiss you. You cupped the cheek that you'd punched a few minutes ago, careful not to press too hard as his hand squeezed yours. Both shackled hands placed on your lap to prop himself up.

When he pulled away, he looked you in the eyes.

"Let me out..." He quietly asked, shattering any thoughts you had that he might stay in there quietly, serve a sentence and possibly get out on good behaviour you could have inspired in him.

"No, Dagur-"

"Y/N, my love, please. Let me out. I can't be in here without you anymore! Where are you going? Y/N!"

You pushed up and away from him, knocking him over as you quickly stood and walked out of the door. You motioned for the guard to come and lock the door again as Dagur pulled himself to his feet. He ran up to the bars of the cell as you walked away, holding yourself as he kept screaming your name as you went.

"Y/N!!! DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM ME!! I'LL HAVE THAT NIGHTFURY, AND I'LL HAVE YOU. I PROMISE!!" 

* And here we have the end of Betrothed; The re-write! 

Thank you everyone for your support and amazing comments! To be honest, I wasn't sure what reception this would get when I republished but I've been blown away by the feedback and love you guys have shown. 

So in regards to Forgiveness; The re-write, I've already written 14 chapters of it including the prologue. Call it dedication, call it my adhd, I have no idea how I've got that far honestly. 

So I'm gonna work on the cover art for it and the prologue and first chapter should be published within the next week or so.

When it's up, I'll post a link on a new chapter here and on the original Forgiveness so you can all find it! 

Again, thank you so much for following me in this story. I hope to see all of you in Forgiveness; the re-write! 

- Otaku-chanxoxo/Last_Present