Wipeout

Story Created: 8/17/22

12:08 P.M. – Malibu University

The Spies' Penthouse

It was another usual midday at Mali-U. Currently, Mat was by himself in the penthouse and playing a retro video game, Cool Spot for the Sega Genesis. He wore shorts and a black throwback 1999 Motocross shirt that was black and read "Pichon 5" on the back to signify 2-time 125 East Supercross champ, Mickael Pichon.

As for Sam and Alex, they had morning shifts at the Mali-U café, and Clover was in her Surf-ology class. Britney and Nick were in class while Mat was finished with his classes for the day; Blaine was in the middle of beach volleyball practice.

"Ooh!!" Mat grunted as he was working on the final level.

Simultaneously, Nick was walking back to the penthouse for a light lunch when he saw what Mat was up to.

"Holy crapbaskets, bro, I haven't seen that game in ages," Nick quipped.

"You actually remember this game, Nick?" Mat wondered.

"Hey, I grew up with the Genesis, and even though I was obsessed with Sonic, I definitely saw this game a lot," Nick replied.

At that moment, Mat gotten the last cool point for a perfect 100% and shortly won the stage thereafter.

"YEAH!!" Mat celebrated with a fist pump. "HIGH SCORE!!"

"Dude, I had no idea you're THAT good!" Nick replied, which got Mat's attention.

"Well, it's pretty straightforward," Mat stated.

Britney came in as the credits were rolling and the Wipe Out tune was playing in the game.

Nick especially liked the "COOOOOOOOOOL!" message by all the SPOTs on the TV screen. Britney saw the credits, too.

"Good stuff," Britney replied, which got both Nick AND Mat's attention.

They could see Britney sported a crop top and slacks.

"You talk to Sam and the others at all lately?" Nick asked Britney.

"No, not since they left for their shifts," Britney answered.

The boys hummed at that as Nick went to find some lunch. Britney did the same thing.

While Nick was eating, he had an urge for the beach after hearing the Wipe Out tune from the Cool Spot game Mat was playing earlier.

"You two up for the beach all of a sudden?" Nick asked, relaying his urge to Mat and Britney.

"Wouldn't be a bad idea," Mat commented.

"Yeah, it's pretty breezy outside," Britney remarked. "And Clover's already there with her Surf-ology class."

"True," Nick commented.

He and Mat got on their phones to tell Alex and Sam to meet them at the Mali-U beach.

"To be honest," Nick told Mat and Britney. "Hearing the Wipe Out tune got me thinking of something..."

"What's that?" Britney wondered.

"I thought since that's a tune you'd normally hear while surfing... maybe we'd... splash in the surf ourselves?" Nick stated.

"Like a 'we wipe out – who cares?' kind of thing?" Mat asked.

"Uh-huh," Nick answered.

"Works for me," Mat replied. "Let's just hope the inevitable doesn't happen though..."