lunch

"where do you think you're going? slut."

valerie never really bothered me. she was just annoying.

"don't know if you heard it hun, but that was the lunch bell!" i said sarcastically

"talk to me like that again" valerie whispered sharply, "and you're fucking dead."

"you got it" i smiled and winked. she swung at me but i slipped it, and kept walking past her, music still playing in my ears. she stood there in embarrassment, too shocked to do anything else. right behind valerie i saw mads, who had just recorded that whole thing. i'm honestly not sure how valerie still has any dignity left.

"damn ally!! this years different i know it."

maybe it was.

mads and i walked to the cafeteria and sat down at the lunch table. i opened my phone.

september 7th 12:20 pm

al
hey!! how'd the interview go?

mikeyyy
great.. i got the job

al
slayed
will i ever get to know what it is?

mikeyyy
eventually. 😉

i looked at my phone and giggled

i looked at my phone and giggled. mads looked up from her math homework and gave me the look. she knew what was going on.

"allyson noel!!!" she yelled as she took my phone. this was rather normal, it happened anytime either one of us had something interesting going on. she scrolled all the way to the top and bursted out laughing.

"YOU ASKED THIS RANDOM ASS GUY TO BUY YOU TAMPONS??"

"i thought he was my mom" i said not realizing how stupid i sounded until after i had said it. she looked at me like i was insane.

she kept scrolling through my phone smiling and giggling at all of the texts. she stops at one part and looks stunned.

"MIGUEL FUCKING CAZAREZ MORA FOLLOWED YOU ON INSTAGRAM?????"

one thing we've always had in common was our love for movies. that and the month of october. everyday after school in october we go over to one of our houses and watch a horror movie until the month is up. i am so happy i live in a world where there are octobers.

i just looked at her and smiled, she looked at me and put a hand over her heart as though she was offended.

"i can't believe you didn't tell me." she said trying to make me feel bad. she did this a lot. it always worked.

"madsssss... i was going to i just-" i said dragging on the 'mads', "there was so much going on i haven't had the chance to. "

"i'm just playing, but that's fucking insane. so who is this mikey anwyays" she sighed.

"i don't know much, but he's fifteen, is homeschooled, has seen the black phone twice, he has a little brother and a job." i told her.

"ooooh do you know where he's from??" she asked, she was way too into this.

"no, i don't. and i'm not trying to get my hopes up. there's no way for this to end well, he's just someone to talk to." i say not even keeping a straight face.

"you're blushing"

i threw my head into my hands in embarrassment like a little kid.

"can i PLEEEEEASE text him" mads said, matching my little kid energy.

"i-"

she started typing

al
HEYYY MIKEY 🥰

mikeyyy
hi?

al
sorry... i'm mads.
just excited to talk to the boy ally has been freaking out over.

mikeyyy
ally? so that's what al is short for

al
duh...
oh shit you didn't you
anyways i'm just the bestfriend and now ally is taking the phone and SORRY TALK SOO

mikeyyy
damn

al
sorry... that was my bestfriend.

mikeyyy
so your real name is ally?
and you talk about me... 😏

al
yes and i swear i was gonna tell you but...
idk i wasn't sure.

mikeyyy
ally, you never have to second guess around me.
i won't ever judge you.

al
awwwww mikey's getting all sentimental 🥹

mikeyyy
you're something special.

al
says you.
gotta go, two more periods then i'm done. i'll text you after school.

mikeyyy
have fun al :)

mikeyyyhave fun al :)