~ Chapter 16 ~

...

When the stars light up my room
I sit by myself...

Talking to the moon...!
Trying to get to you....!

She walked along the corridor with her bandage well installed, leaning on a crutch. She could hear her dear, alive and well, companion's voice singing that lonely song as she advanced toward the closed door through the hallway.

In hopes you're on the other side
talking to me too
Or am I a fool...
... who sits alone...

... talking to the moon?
Oh-oh~

Her hand gently gripped the door handle and turned it, opening the way that leaded to him. Branch shut down his melody and their gazes met like two lost polar cuddlebears that had been searching each other for days and days, but couldn't notice each other in the white landscape of snow. It froze them on the spot, afterall winter wasn't the coldest season for nothing.

- Hey... She murmured.

- Hey... His voice sounded so quiet she wondered if this whole event had permenent effect on his voice.

The pink princess of Pop walked closer to him, their gaze never leaving each other, her hands gripping on each other and rubbing her fingers against each other. They were just both very quiet in this akward moment.

Branch didn't know what to say; he was just glad he had the chance to see her again. Someone, somewhere had decided he could get a second chance at life.

A short breathe of relief went out of his airways as she stand close of the hospital bed, making her jump slighlty, every breathe he took in front of her teary eyes was like a burning feeling shooting through her body, passing through her beating heart. It was good. It was great, she just needed one last comfirmation all of this was real...

- C-Can I hug you? She requested quietly between two sobs.

Branch blinked, he could see the tears building up in her clear magenta eyes; why was she crying? He was doing okay now, he was safe and his wound were healing well according to the doctor. Was she hurting? He looked down at his chest; the bandage were holding him straight like a plank of iron, still she was afraid she would hurt him, of course she was. She was such a sweet and caring being even for the creatures that didn't deserved that kidness in any way. He was without any doubt one of them.

- Yeah, he accepted her offer with a little smile, looking up, Yeah, that would be great.

After just a few seconds, she crashed into his warm and safe embrace. The sigh she let out in the crook of his neck tickled him and he moved, burrying his nose into her shaking shoulder. He wanted to squeeze her harder, but he knew they couldn't get more closer; even with his broken rib that forced them to be careful, a sheet of paper wouldn't fit between their flesh.

For long minutes it was just the two of them, shaking and holding into each other as if one of them would dissapear if they let go for even a second. Branch felt the princess' tears against the dull skin of his cheek, rubbing them closer. His heart squeezed; he had caused her so much fear, so much pain, he needed to apologies, for not speaking her the truth.

- Poppy I.... He started.

But she cut him midsentence, with a loud, heartbreaking cry;

- You fucking IDIOT!!

She squeezed him harder as she cursed, hurting him a little. But he endured it. He hesisted to speak, and shut down in shame as he heard her cries and need to feel he was alive. An idiot... That's what he was, she was right. She was so right. He was such an idiot. He started to tear up again, his fingers traced her shoulder blades. He messed up. He messed up so bad, he was such a dumbass.