3. DENIED

huh?

where am i?

oh yeah!

i've been stabbed.

am i dead?

aaaah..... im tired.

want to sleep...

.
.
.
.
.

"OY! RIN! CHAWARIN! WAKE UP YOU DOG!" a stern voice screamed at my face. i can feel the spray of his saliva on my face. im just lucky this time it wasnt my mom who woke me up. otherwise, another cracked rib will be my breakfast.

"YOU FREAK! no matter how old you get youre still in the body of a child!" he continued eyeing my basement room (hell).

"im seventeen and im not a child." i groggily said sitting up from my bed (mat).

"whatever. youre not even worth a single glance even if youre in a less crowded area. youre an abomination to this world." he sighed. "what did we ever do to deserve this punishment?"

i just looked at him with disgust in my eyes. i hope he knows that.

"PULL YOURSELF OFF THAT FILTHY MAT, MUTT!" he pulled me out from my blankets. "i dont even know why youre still here all this time."

well, where could i go? in this community, everyones in your religious cult. everyone knew me. as much as id like to run away, i could very much put my feet on the street pavement and then in a matter of minutes, im already back in the basement in shackles for the rest of the weekend with lashes in my back.

i dont have friends to tell my sorrows or even someone who i can confide my woes. the guidance counselor in my school is your brother at church. the principals my egg donors tea sister. most of the teachers is a member of their church. now tell me, how could i run?

im just hoping that when i graduate from my high school, i could finally be free from their whips and daggers. yes, im a coward. i cant even lift a fist to my sperm donor. i could just very much like tap him at my utmost punch due to fatigue everytime the "session" occurs. so much for having a make-shift punching bag in my room (basement).

its the day after my graduation, it was in the middle of the night i felt someone in my room. it was my egg donor. oh, this cant be good.

"good youre up." she pulled me up by the elbow and dragged me to the staircase. i tried to resist since what good will it do to someone being dragged out from your sleep. as soon as she let go of my elbow came her hand and grasped the hair at the back of my head and she even restrained my dominant hand behind my back. i dont know where her strength came from but all i could ever do was take the first step on the staircase as she pushed me into it. i cant move against her will. even though im already 18 my height only could reach up till her shoulders. height really do matter, it seems.

she shoved me into the car and i saw my meager clothes strewn across the seat and the car floor. as soon as i was in the car, she slammed the door and my sperm donor, the driver, speed with haste.

"where will you take me?" i asked as i gathered my clothes into a pile.

"somewhere where we could no longer see your shadow. its about time we will be lifted from the punishment that the heavens gave us."

vague.

is this my freedom?

wait.

theyre throwing me away, right?

fine.

i could live on my own.

finally!

we drove for maybe at least 4 to 6 hours and stopped over on a makeshift convenience store in a gas station. after that another 8 hours. i smirked to myself. they really wanted to get rid of me. why didnt just kill me and be done with it. oh, right. they cant. their commandments wont let them lest another punishment will be put upon them.