# 1 Hero

AN : I have posted this drabble series earlier on IF, but also posting it here. This is Raya endgame drabble series, with five drabbles. Hope you all will like it and sorry for any typos! Happy reading :) 

Ram had been acting weird around her, she is used to his silliness,childlike innocence, sweetness and even his awkwardness but for the last few days he has been quiet, reserved and even distant. At first, she thought maybe it was due to his new project, but he acted normally around the others.

Priya was certain he was upset at her for something, he had barely reacted when she told him she would make butter chicken for dinner. There is still things Priya is learning about her husband, but she had known his love for food since their first date. Priya bit her lip; the idea of her husband being so upset at her that he did not care for one of his favorite dishes bothered her immensely.

Her old self would have mocked her, but she refuses to listen to that part of her because deep down she knows that Ram would have been bothered as well if she was upset and do anything to cheer her up. Both had agreed not to expect love from each other, but they had started to become friends who had slowly started to be vulnerable around each other. So, it hurt when he was pulling back, instead of sharing with her what was wrong.

Priya was determined to fix things between them, so what if they can't love each other like that. They can love and care for each other as friends, confidants, and family.

Priya was so lost in her thoughts on how to make her husband admit what was bothering her that she did not notice that he had arrived from the washroom looking dapper in a blue suit matching with his eyes.

Ram cleared his throat making Priya snap out of her thoughts, she turned her attention to him and gasped slightly as she saw him. It was not how handsome he looked that caught her by surprise, he always looked dapper, but it was the lack of smile and twinkle in the eye she had gotten used to see.

"I'm attending Mr. Mehta 's party so don't stay up waiting" she heard Ram say curtly, he did not bother to wait for her reply as he rushed outside of their room. Priya frowned, that he did not even bother ask her to be his date.It might be obvious that she hates parties and elite social gatherings, but she would have attended for his sake.

Maybe he doesn't want you to be there

Priya felt her heart clench as the insecure thought popped in her head,could it be that. Maybe her husband had finally had enough, maybe he realized how plain she was, and their different personalities had finally torn them apart.

"Or maybe you said something that hurt him or forgot something important maybe it has nothing to do with you Priya and he is going through something.But whatever it is instead of sitting her feeling sorry for yourself, get up and find out"

Priya got up from the bed and walked towards her dressing table with a new determination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ram ignored his friend's question about where his wife was and went towards the bar instead. No one missed Priya more than him, he wished she was here so they could make fun of all those couples together, Ram wanted her to be here so she could laugh at his bad jokes and scold him for eating unhealthy food, but then letting him steal food from her plate. Somehow her plate always had his favorite food along hers.

Ram poured himself a glass of vodka, things had been going so good between them lately. Ram felt like he had found someone who was trying to understand him better, it's not that his loved ones did not understand him, but he knew his family loved the luxury and comfort he provided them, and his friends love was pure, yet the loneliness would sneak up on him. At the end of the day,he would go to the bed without having someone to say good night to, to tell someone about his day. He longed to be in the arms of someone who loved him, enough to share their whole life with him and no matter what storm life threw towards them would choose to stay with him, to choose to cherish and understand him.