Chapter Five

Bianca

[Excuse any errors. ]

If I can't have you, let love set you free
To fly your pretty wings around
Pretty wings, your pretty wings
Your pretty wings, pretty wings around.

I was really in the mood today. I'd gotten myself really worked up over that irrelevant nigga.
But ain't anyone goin' fuck my mood today.

Roarke is... not my ex per say, but we acted like a couple back in elementary.

The nigga was my first kiss. That's about anything special we'd shared.

His dad's white and his mom's a light skinned sista to explain his features. His dad was going through some stuff back then and he confided in me whenever he wanted to vent, so you can say that's what got us close.

But he gets all whiney and pompous sometimes.

Me and him would NEVER work out.

I was currently in my room preparing to head out and had my The Good Shiit playlist playing off of my Mac. Maxwell had me some typa way right now.

I was getting dressed in my blue high waisted jeggings, an oversized white off-shoulder tee with a peace sign beaded on it and gold gladiators. I put on a few of my bracelets and a red feather earring on one ear and a spike in the other. I had my hair up and didn't do much to it.

Once that was done I switched my Mac off, grabbed my phone off of the bed and picked my bag up from the floor.

I made my way to the kitchen and Mom was making Bernie's lunch on the island with Bernie eating cereal on the counter. Spoilt ass.

"Mornings." I greeted putting my bag on one of the stools at the island. I kissed my mom on the cheek followed by Bernie who giggled almost spitting out her cereal.

"Morning. Oatmeal's on the stove. Brandon already had his." Mom said and I nodded making my way towards the cabinet, taking out a bowl for myself.

I can't stand cereal. I swear that shit is cardboard soaked in syrup for us to eat.

"Oh, Bianca. Rita and Al's invited you to join Gabi and Fox at the ice skating rink this Friday night. You're going." Mom informed.

I was both ecstatic and mortified right now. She knows my ass can't skate to save my own ass!

"Buh, buh Maa! You know I can't skate. And why would they go there 'cause I know Gabi can't skate either." I retorted. What are they thinking?

"First off, you're gonna lower your voice and fix your face if you don't want to walk around with a red cheek to match that earring over there." ,I gulped,"Secondly, that's why you guys need to go. To learn. Better now than later." she said zipping up Bernie's cooler bag and taking her bowl up to the sink, rinsing it out.

I didn't say anything else and continued eating my breakfast. I washed my bowl out afterwards and put it on the drying rack.

 I grabbed my bag and my phone on the counter and went into the living room to wait for Mamma to drop me off at school. She came back with Bernie and we went out.

***

I was now at the library reading The Bluest Eye. I was really into the book when someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned back to be met with someone's crotch. Oh my fuck.

I raised my gaze to see Jayceon standing there with a smug look on his face. My cheeks were on fire by now.

I quickly turned back in my seat clearing my throat. Awwkward.