Chapter 3

Theodore laughed at his friend and then looked at his girlfriend, "come on Adira, don't be rude, just take the drink, its not polite to turn down an offer," Theodore said but the girl shook her head, she didn't care if it earnt her a screaming match on the drive home, she was not going to take that drink. The smile on the boy's face fell slightly, "Adira I said to take the drink."

"Come on man, she doesn't want the drink just leave it," another one of the boys spoke up, looking between Adira, Theodore and the boy who had been offering her a drink, "c'mon Jett, just leave her alone she doesn't want to drink it."

"Stay out of this Yamada," Theodore snapped at the boy and then turned to look back down at Adira, "do as I say Adira," Theodore instructed her as he grabbed the drink from Jett's hand and then held it out to her with a stern look on his face. Bruce had only arrived about half an hour ago, and could tell the girl didn't want to be there.

Adira didn't drink, she had made it clear to her boyfriend on many occasions and had even told him the reason why she didn't drink... because of the way that her father acted when he would drink, which was pretty much all of the time. Adira went to walk away from him and remove herself from the situation however this seemed to anger Theodore even more as he reached out and grabbed her wrist tightly in his grasp.

"Ow," the girl quickly gasped in pain which made Bruce step forwards quickly, grabbing a hold of Theodore's arm and giving him a stern look.

"Come on man, let her go," Bruce snapped. He and Adira had been friends for years. Just like Bruce, Adira had a passion for baseball, so the two of them often bumped into each other on the pitch when they were practising. They had first met on the pitch when they were around 12 and the two had been practising together ever since.

"Piss off bro, this doesn't concern you," Theodore growled at Bruce as he let go of Adira and shoved Bruce back who gave him a surprised look. Some of the people around them quickly noticed this and stopped what they were doing as they began to crowd around them, all of them waiting for a fight to break loose. 

"Bruce it's fine okay," Adira quickly told him, not wanting the two of them to fight. Bruce gave her a look of disbelief, he couldn't believe that she let Theodore have so much control over her like that. He was sure that he wasn't the only one that had noticed the bruises all over the girls body constantly, he couldn't understand how someone as sweet as her, could be with someone like him. He had told his parents about what he thought was happening, but they had reminded him that it was none of his business and if he brought it up, it would more than likely only get worse for the girl.

"No Addy, its not fucking fine," Bruce said and glared at Theodore, "you cant let him hurt you like this." The two of them were about the same height and had the same body figure, so it was hard to tell who would win... though there was one thing that was for sure, Theodore had a lot more experience in fights than Bruce did

By now, more and more people were beginning to crowd around them, the word had spread and now even people from outside were beginning to make their way in the house to watch the shit that was about to go down. Bruce smacked the solo cup on the ground and then stepped in front of Adira.

"Back. Off." Theodore warned, sneering at Bruce. 

"Come on Bruce, just chill out, we're just joking around," Jett laughed, as soon as he opened his mouth, you could smell the mix of alcohol and weed, it was absolutely disgusting. Bruce had never been a fan of Jett or Theodore, or a bunch of these kids as a matter of a fact, they had always been dicks, whispering racial slurs under their breath whenever they thought he couldn't hear them.

"You're not just 'joking around' she is clearly uncomfortable," Bruce snapped at Jett, wiping the grin off the boy's face, "she doesn't want to drink it, so just leave her alone." By now, Vance and his friend had wandered back into the house to see what the hell was going on, it didn't take much for them to push through the crows since everyone practically jumped out of the way for Vance to come through.