Princess and her Pony

After being on duty, it could really tucker a Jedi out. Or a princess. Or a pony. Or all of them.
Anakin smiled when he looked at Carousella sleeping on a patch of soft grass Gabby grew for her to rest on during the trip, the young princess also sleeping comfortably underneath her wing.
"Now that's adorable," said Anakin.
He felt glad that Gabby had someone who would watch over her whenever he wasn't around, and he felt more secure bringing Gabby along on missions as long as Carousella was there... assuming it would be okay with the Jedi Council, that is.
Anakin soon got an alert that they were almost at the Jedi Temple.
"Ahsoka. You mind waking the others before we land?" said the older Jedi.
Ahsoka approached the princess and her pony and began to wake them up.
"Wake up, Carousella." Ahsoka said gently, stroking the alicorn's mane. Then she gently pet Gabby's head too. "You too, little one. We're landing."
Carousella's bright blue eyes fluttered open, and the pony let out a big yawn and stretched out her feathery wings and her body as they were getting ready to land. Gabby rubbed her eyes and sat herself up with a yawn.
Carousella gently picked Gabby up with her mouth and set her into her seat, where Gabby made her vine seatbelts.
"Why doesn't this ship have any seatbelts?" Carousella asked, sounding concerned.
Anakin and Ahsoka were glad to get back to the Temple for a short break after destroying the Separatist biosphere. And, Gabby was excited to show Carousella where she lived. Well, where she lived sometimes, anyway. Anakin said he'd get in touch with Padme as soon as possible so they could talk about whether or not Carousella could live with them in the penthouse apartment.
When the ship landed, Gabby guided her pony out of the ship into the hangar.
Gabby skipped through the halls of the Jedi Temple, her pony following close by. Other Jedi noticed the pony as she walked with the princess, and Gabby introduced her new friend. Sometimes, they even stopped to let Carousella sniff and familiarize herself with them so they could pet her.
Soon, they arrived at the Council Chamber so the Jedi Council could meet her. They were all curious about this new royal guard horse Gabby received from Equinaro.
"Everyone, this is Carousella Mareheart." Gabby said. Then she got down and approached each Master and told Carousella their names.
"Hi. It's an honor to meet all of you." Carousella smiled and gave a bow to Grand Master Yoda.
"How did Princess Gabriella come upon you, Miss Mareheart?" Mace asked.
"I was sent for her through the Ride of Love Ceremony." Carousella explained. "Whenever a child is in need of a special friend, the holder of the Hearts of Beauty, the crown jewels of Equinaro, allow our ruler access to the Equinary, which holds the name of all eligible equines in the kingdom and the ones in need of a new friend. In Equinaro, we believe in true beauty within. And helping those in need is a truly beautiful thing. In this time, Gabby was in need of a friend who would love her and had the ability to protect her. Because I've received training as a royal guard and have been known to be good with little kids, the Equinary chose me, and then Queen Reigna sent me right to Gabby."
Carousella still had the bottled message around her neck.
"What is that bottle around your neck for?" Master Plo questioned.
"Oh, this? All ponies sent through the Ride of Love are given a note for the parents of the children they're sent to." Carousella said. "It's meant strictly for the parental guardians of the child."
"Why should we not hear what it reads?" Mace Windu asked.
"I don't make the rules," Carousella shrugged by lifting her hoof. "I just follow orders. It's kinda what I was trained to do."
But, the real reason was because Carousella knew the note would probably have Anakin's name on it, revealing him as Gabby's father, which Queen Reigna told her was a secret. However, she thought again and realized it couldn't hurt for them to listen to Anakin reading it. No one said the Council had to read it themselves.
"But..." Carousella said. "Queen Reigna did mention that Anakin serves as Gabby's guardian when she isn't with her mother, so I can let him read it to you."
So, Anakin opened the bottle and read the letter.
Dearest Senator Amidala and Master Skywalker,
This is Carousella Mareheart, who had been chosen by the Equinary, Equinaro's sacred magical book of ponies selected for people in need, and sent for Princess Gabriella as her new friend and guardian.
Carousella is a powerful young musicorn who has received extensive training as a royal guard, and therefore is fitting as a protector for your little girl. She is also very friendly, gentle, excellent with children, and very loyal to her friends and the ones she protects. It will be hard work taking care of her, but I have faith that Gabriella is more than capable of caring for her friend as she cares for her. Carousella, I'm certain, will make a fine addition to your family, and she will make Gabriella as happy as can be.
Best wishes, Queen Reigna
"Queen Reigna is very wise," said Anakin. "I trust her word."
"Me too. She is my best friend's mom, after all." Carousella said. "I've known her since I was a foal."
"Not to mention, ponies can feel what others are feeling and sense danger long before people can," said Gabby. "It's a known fact that horsies are very smart animals. That's how they decide whether or not they let someone get close to them, much less ride them."
"I love this girl's expertise on horses." Carousella said, licking the girl's cheek.
"I don't know where she got it from when she can't even read yet," said Anakin.
"Mommy read a book on horses to me, and so did Threepio, and I saw a few holo-documentaries about them." Gabby said. "And like you say about experience, I got a lot of it spending time with Fantasia and some other ponies when I visit Equinaro."
The Council seemed impressed by Gabby's expertise, but they still had some concerned.
"Gabriella, are you sure you can even take care of a horse?" Mace asked.
"I've looked after other animals before." Gabby said.
"When?"
Gabby thought for a moment.
"Let's see. I've looked after Roya's pet mongoose before. And Memoria let me help take care of her new guinea pig."
"Well, horses are a lot different," Anakin pointed out.
"Who's side are you on?" Gabby crossed her arms.
Anakin's face clearly said, I'm saying this as your father.
"It's true, little one." Obi-Wan said, getting up and petting Carousella. "You'll need to care for Carousella for more than just a few minutes or even hour. And you'll need to do more than ride her or play with her. Do you know what pet horses need?"
"They need food and water like any pet, which is easy." Gabby said. "And horsies also need brushing and a bath."
"Don't forget that my horseshoes need to be clean," said Carousella. "Unlike some other horses, I can speak. So, I can tell her if I need something and guide her through stuff she doesn't know how to do yet."
The Council exchanged a few looks and agreed to let Carousella stay for the time being. Given what Anakin told them about her using some sick fighting skills out in the field when she rescued Gabby, they trusted she could be a good guardian. They only needed to make sure Gabby could properly care for her.
"If Carousella stays here, you'll need to make sure she has somewhere she can properly exercise, that she doesn't make a mess inside, and that she has a place to sleep." Obi-Wan said.
"A big responsibility, this will be. Prove yourself, you must." Master Yoda said.
Gabby giggled and said, "I'm gonna be queen of Naboo someday. If I'm gonna watch an entire planet, I need to learn how to handle taking care of one living thing."
"Although, I have some safety concerns regarding your battle cruisers." Carousella said. "I've noticed a serious safety violation on them. On many of them, there are no seatbelts on some of the seats. If you guys wanna continue in this war, I suggest adding some extra safety precautions around here as well. I've also noticed lack of a sufficient number of fire alarms, extinguishers, warning signs, and would like to question if you practice regular drills for various disasters."
The Council looked at each other again.
Anakin chuckled and said, "Someone really takes safety seriously."
"It's my job. And it's no laughing matter." Carousella said, placing a bike helmet on Anakin to make a point. "If you're gonna be so reckless, maybe you should start wearing a helmet."
Anakin groaned. Then Carousella put a little helmet on Gabby.
"I don't think we need them right now, Carousella." Gabby said, taking the helmet off. "But you are right about drills and seatbelts."
"Take into consideration, we shall." Yoda said.
Carousella raised a brow. She took safety codes very seriously, which was one way she passed top of her class.
"For now, why don't the two of you go and play?" Obi-Wan said.
"Yeah. I'll show you my favorite parts of the Temple." Gabby smiled. "Come on."

Gabby took Carousella to the Temple Garden, hoping it would be a good place for her to trot and run.
Carousella walked around a little. She sniffed the flowers and tasted some of the fresh green grass. Carousella turned out to really like it. There was plenty of sweet green plants for her to eat, and the waterfall gave plenty of water for her drink.
Carousella also loved to roll in the grass, and so did Gabby.
Gabby spent a lot of time with her pony over the next few hours.
Gabby brushed Carousella's mane and tail, she braided some of Carousella's hair.
"Hey, Gabby. What do you say to a ride?" Carousella asked.
"Yay!" Gabby cheered, climbing onto Carousella's back.
"Let's see how you like a carousel ride that goes more than just round and round."
Carousella took Gabby on a ride while playing music from her horn and going up and down and all around the temple like a merry go round that could go in more than just a circle. Gabby also made them matching flower crowns with some of the flowers she grew.
Carousella felt really happy spending some time with her girl that didn't involve running from a crazy cyborg or dodging blaster shots. It felt nice to just relax and bond. Gabby even managed to sneak some peanut butter cookies from the kitchen for them to share. Carousella loved peanut butter, almost as much as she loved her girl.

Anakin watched for a bit as Gabby and her pony were running and playing around outside in the courtyard with a ball Gabby found. They were both laughing and having a lot of fun. He smiled as he saw his daughter looking so happy as she had a new friend she could play with, and he felt even better knowing that Carousella could protect her whenever he wasn't around to be Gabby's bodyguard. He only hoped Padme would be as willing to let Carousella stay.
Most people who owned horses didn't tend to keep them in a penthouse apartment, so it might be a little tricky keeping Carousella. This, Anakin knew. But for their daughter's sake, they had to try.
Later that same day, Padme arrived to pick up her daughter after work. That was when Carousella approached the senator and sniffed her hair to get acquainted.
"Oh! Hello." Padme said, a little surprised by the pony.
"Padme, this is Carousella." Anakin said, petting the horse's mane. "She was sent by Queen Reigna."
Anakin showed Padme the note the queen of Equinaro sent. Padme took a look at it.
"Can I keep her, Mommy? Please, please, please?" Gabby begged, hugging her pony.
"She used the magic word three times." Carousella said. "Sounds like you taught her pretty well how to be polite."
Padme looked at Carousella and tried petting her for herself.
"Well... you seem like a very sweet horse." Padme said. "If Queen Reigna believes you're a good match for Gabby, I guess we can give you a chance. But, Gabby, you need to prove your responsible enough to take care of her, and we'll need to find a place for her to sleep."
"Yes, Mommy." Gabby said. "I'll be the best horse taker care-er ever."
"And I'll take good care to protect your daughter at all times." Carousella said.