ill look for you in every lifetime.

The trees whistled softly as the evening wind brushed through them. Minho couldn't help but feel calm, watching the other gladers make their way back to their sleeping areas, all tired after a long days work.

Being the second in command to Alby's shank ass, Newt was granted a hammock further away, just out of sight from the rest of them. No Chuck to bother them with stupid questions about the outside world (even though Newt sits patiently and answers every question he can, and never makes him feel bad for asking), no Alby to assign orders shakily, like he doesn't know what he's doing, no Ben to complain about his legs hurting and no people at all, other than Minho and Newt.

Minho was sitting up in Newt's hammock, using the tree as support for his back. Newt was lying quietly on his chest, scratching something into a few rocks he found. Minho honestly couldn't think of anywhere he would want to be right now other than right here.

He exhaled softly, and ran his rough fingers through Newt's golden hair, before plantly a kiss on his forehead. Newt made a face, pursing his lips while continuing to scratch the rocks.

It could've been days they sat like that, and Minho wouldn't have cared because he always felt so peaceful, lying with Newt. Newt looked up at him, his blonde hair no longer tickling Minho's chin the way it was. Newt handed him one of the rocks. It was small enough that it fit in the palm of his hand easily and it was shaped like a heart. Minho smiled.

"They looked like hearts when I saw them, so I sanded them down and look." Newt said, turning Minho's rock over to reveal his name scratched into it.

"What does yours have on it?" Minho asked.

"My name." He replied.

"Well I want that one." Minho said, he took the rock with Newt's name on it and gave Newt back the rock with his own name etched into it. "I don't wanna see me all the time, I wanna see you."

"What's yours will find you, then." Newt said. Minho laughed.

Newt made a noise in his throat and tucked himself back down into Minho's neck. He clutched onto the rock with Minho's name on it tightly, like as if it was going to leave him in his sleep. Minho shimmied down to lying positon and grabbed the small blanket that had been shoved at their feet and covered Newt up in it. He wrapped it around him tightly, and extended his neck back to look at Newt.

They way he looked so small and child-like made Minho's heart break. He kissed him on the forehead and held him close, never wanting to let go.

***

"You're sure, you're okay?" Minho asked. Newt wasn't the strongest runner, and running up and down sand dunes at Minho and Thomas' pace couldn't be easy for anybody, especially not someone with a permanent limp.

"I'm fine, someone should check on Teresa though, she looks as though she might faint." Typical Newt, Minho thought, always caring about someone else before thinking of himself.

Minho let him get up and bring Teresa the last bit of his own water, and Minho was reminded that during her conversation with Thomas, in a fit of suicidal rage, Winston had accidentally kicked her water bottle over. She had been running all day with nothing and Newt noticed that.

Out of all the things Minho loved about Newt, it was how much Newt cared for people that made Minho's heart swell with love. In a world where nobody was safe, Newt made people feel like they were safe, and happy and nothing could hurt them. Minho wasn't sure how Newt was able to do that, but he did, each and every time without fail.

Minho watched as Teresa, someone who Minho had never seen relaxed, calmed down whilst talking to Newt. The scene made Minho want to cry.

He remembered Newt's rock, something he kept with him at all times. He pulled it out of his pocket, Newt's name scrawled onto it. He held it tightly within his hands and watched Newt. He looked around, Thomas silently blaming himself, Frypan crying to himself, Aris, hardly looking up from where he had balled himself up into a fetal position. Everyone looked so very tired. He looked at Newt, whom looked so incredibly tired, and watched as he put his bag down for Teresa to lay on.