⋆5⋆

A week or so had passed since Estelle had gotten the chance to stop by Daxton's work. She was exhausted from work and everything. Her grief some nights unbearable. Making her sick.

Finally Estelle got the courage to ask for a day off.  She hated doing that. But she missed Daxton more. More than she wanted to admit.

Her fingernails bit into the flesh of her palm. As she balled her fists up.

It was okay.

Estelle took a breath and opened the door to Daxton's shop.

Daxton's head snapped up at the sound of the door opening. His eyes drinking in the sight of Estelle.

Poor baby.

He was so upset with himself for not going to her. But Daxton was happy she was here. Though he wasn't happy with the sight of her exhaustion. The dark circles under her eyes. The way her lips pouted.

"Sweetheart." Daxton began.

"Daxy!" Estelle wasted no time throwing her arms around his big body.

"I'm s-sorry I missed you so much. Can we-" Estelle rushed out before being cut off.

"Shh.. I missed you too, sweetheart." Daxton whispered as his hand rubbed up and down her back.

"Can we hang out t-today." Estelle asked and Daxton nodded.

"But at m-my apartment, please." She said and Daxton was intrigued. He hadn't seen her place.

"It's just I am tired so if I fall asleep, I'll be home you know?" Estelle explained while Daxton grabbed Reese's leash, handing it to her.

"You gonna tell me where my girl's been for the past week?" Daxton said.

My girl. It was so possessive. Swoon.

"I've been working a l-lot." Estelle looked down for a second before she knew it, his warm hand was engulfing hers.

They were holding hands.

"Well I don't think you should be working so much." Daxton huffed out.

"I like working- w-well not really but I need the money, f-for Mama's apartment." Estelle explained as her eyes rested on their locked hands. Her belly felt so warm and giddy when Daxton rubbed the back of her hand with his big thumb.

"If you need help, you know I would give it to you in a heartbeat. Actually we need to hire someone at the shop, for paperwork and to answer calls all that shit." Daxton had pulled that out of his ass, he didn't need someone, but it would be an easier job, and he'd get to see her more.

"Really?" Her voice was filled with hope at the thought of working with Daxy.

"Yea, wouldn't offer it, if I wasn't. You think about it sweetheart." Daxton said as Estelle held Reese's leash tighter.

——-

Daxton watched as she pointed at her townhouse that he was guessing her apartment was in. He wasn't to fond of this area, too many predators. He'd done business here on an occasion of times in his past and it wasn't a clean area.

Affordable but not safe.

"It's not much, but M-Mama and me were always happy with it." Estelle said as she handed Daxton the leash. Reese's senses were on high alert as he took in his new surroundings.

Daxton watched as Estelle bent and moved a singular flower pot and grabbed her key.

If that wasn't the most obvious spot for a key, literally anyone could get in. Estelle had finally got the lock to work if she jiggled it at a certain angle. Well it did work for a couple days.