Chapter 3: Masquerade Madness (Part 1)

Hi Guys! Buckle up for this chapter... Lots of emotions about this one :S 

Hope you like it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Adrien)

I take one last glance in the mirror before leaving my room. I am dressed in a black suit that my dad designed for me with a black undershirt and a black and red pocket square. As I make my way to the staircase, I see my party is in full swing. 

Guests are arriving constantly; the foyer has been transformed into a beautiful ballroom. All my friends, and their families, have been invited so there is just a sea of people talking, eating, and dancing. 

It's been one week since my father agreed to let me go to university, I decide as long as he could plan this insane event. He said it would double as a celebratory party for going to a university  and at first, I was worried that it would be over the top, but everyone seems to be having a great time. 

Scanning the room, I make my way down the staircase looking through the sea of Parisian's, for my friends. I see Chloe and her family and make a mental note to avoid that side of the room. I see my father chatting with Nathalie and some of his fashion society members, and finally I spot Nino's signature red baseball cap. I can't help but to laugh to myself a little as I make my way over to him and his group.

"Leave it to Nino to show up in a suit, tie, and STILL wear this hat." I say and I pat him on the back. He turns and hugs me, "Hey man! Happy birthday!!" 

Alya is wearing a red, floor-length  ballgown and is already taking non-stop photos. "I tried to convince him not to wear it, but the boy likes his signature look, plus it matches my dress so I can't really complain! Happy birthday, Adrien! Your party theme is awesome! Where is your mask though?" 

I shrug and lie smoothly, "Nathalie suggested that I shouldn't wear one, so that everyone would have the opportunity to wish me a happy birthday if they want to." I couldn't tell them that I didn't wear a mask because someone might recognize me as Chat Noir...

Everyone around me is dressed up in dresses and suits. It almost feels like the prom I didn't get to go to... I look through the group once more and can't find one person in particular and chuckle a little. 

"I'm guessing Marinette is running late again, as usual." Alya looks around the room and then smiles and points to the door, "Nope, not late at all! She's walking in now with her parents. MARINETTE!!" She yells to get Mari's attention from across the room. 

Turning around, I look towards the entryway and see Marinette walking in. She's wearing a floor length black sparkling dress and watching clutch bag. Instead of a puffy ballgown, her dress flows softly to the ground and hugs her curves perfectly. The back of the dress is open, plunging from the small spaghetti straps on her shoulders all the way down to her waistline. She's wearing her hair down, which she never does, and has it pulled all to one side. 

Her hair seems a lot longer since the last time I saw her with it down... It now cascades down to the middle of her back. I had no idea Marinette was so fit. She must workout or something because with that dress on you can see the clear muscle definition... She looks gorgeous...

WHOA! WHAT AM I THINKING!? I shake my head to clear my thoughts. Mari is my friend, an amazing friend and someone I love dearly, but just a friend! I shouldn't be thinking about her like that. Ladybug has my heart completely. I am just admiring her fashion sense... and her dedication to whatever workout regimen she's following... 

Marinette leaves her parents and starts making her way over to us, "Hi Adrien! Happy birthday!" She hugs me and hands me a small, gift wrapped box. 

"You don't have to open it now, but it's a gift from all of us to you. We each made a video for you to tell you what you mean to each of us, in case, you know you ever miss us! Not that we won't be around, because we will, but just so you have something with you always- well, I mean, we will always be here for you but-"