03.

𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒔 - 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

"𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗜 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲."

Instead of leaving, Onika had convinced us to stay a bit longer. It wasn't too hard, all it took was one pouty face and she somehow, knew, I'd give in. Sitting in the common room, Lauren and Robyn were playing with some type of block game, while, Onika and I played some hand games.

Miss Mary Mack seemed to be her favorite. We played it almost a hundred times. But, I didn't care. As long as I could see that smile on her face, I'd do anything.

In the middle of our game, Vanessa approached us with a worried grin. I frowned my eyebrows and looked up at her. My hands must've stopped moving, making Onika whine.

"Beyawnce no play?" She huffed.

"You guys have to pause the game, Nick. It's time for dinner." Vanessa announced. Lauren's head snapped over to us and she dropped her blocks.

"Food?" She grinned.

"No eat. Play." Onika objected, pointing to me. I didn't want to smile, truly. It would come off as debunking Vanessa's authority. But, she was just, so damn cute.

"Yes, say bye to Beyoncé for just a minute." Said Vanessa. Whining, Onika turned to me, and pouted. She huffed before holding her hand up and waving.

"Bye, beyawnce." She sighed. I mimicked her pout and waved back.

"Bye, uh-nika." I responded. Turning back to Vanessa I could tell by her tone that she was upset.

"Ok." She groaned, heading over to where everyone else was eating.

"Papa, I eat!" Lauren pointed. Robyn looked towards Vanessa and she nodded.

"Go ahead, princess." She giggled, getting up with her. I thought now would be a good time to talk to Vanessa about actually being with Onika. After the time we had, I couldn't picture anybody else as my little.

"So, how is it with Nick?" She asked, taking a chair beside me. I couldn't contain my smile. It was as if, my face reacted to her name before my brain did.

"She's adorable." I mumbled, looking over to as I spoke.

"That she is," Vanessa agreed.

"So, how's this whole process of actually making a little mine here?" I asked, no longer afriad of asking questions.

"You want-Onika?" She question, her tone was that of someone, surprised and it made my head snap towards her.