Sometimes you need to let loose

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

I remember the next week was full of sorrows, but like most weeks in Tree Hill, there was a party, a massive one. I wanted it to be fun, especially for Lydia and Olivia. They needed it as a form of distraction. They just needed to get out of that house in general. I don't think any of them including their parents had left the house since everything.

We were all in Lydia's room, getting ready. I had chosen to wear a nude floral dress and a pair of cute wedges, and a jean jacket. My red hair was curled perfectly, I took a deep breath, setting down the curling iron and backing up into the doorway. I stood there in the doorway of Lydia's bathroom watching her and Olivia get ready. Olivia was finishing her makeup as Lydia took over my original spot and curled her hair. Everyone was going to be at this party, by everyone, I mean all our classmates were going to be at this party.

Lydia's hair now slightly curled fell perfectly on her shoulders, she was wearing an oversized flannel slightly tucked into denim shorts. Olivia pulled her up into a ponytail, she was wearing a white lacy tanktop and a denim skirt, her leather jacket lay on the counter next to her.I took a deep breath as Lydia glanced over at me. She didn't want to go, I could tell. "Would you hate me if I only stuck around for an hour?" I laughed, of course I wouldn't hate her. "Yes I would hate you." She groaned glaring at me as I smirked. Olivia shook her head at the both of us, "You guys think Anthony will be there?" Lydia and I shared a smile.

Maybe they would be alright. If Olivia is thinking about boys already and Lydia is trying to escape partying, maybe I had nothing to worry about for the night.Jamie drove us to the party that night, I sat in the passenger seat while Lydia and Olivia were in the back. Let's just say I'm really good at calling shotgun.Once we got to the party, the nerves hit the car, I could tell by the looks Lydia and Olivia shared. I smiled back at them reassuringly. We were The Iconic Trio of our highschool. We'd be fine. Jamie turned back realizing we'd all been sitting in the car outside the Adams' place for a little over 5 minutes. He took a deep breath, "Lyds, Liv, go have fun."

Olivia sighed, "It just feels too early for this." Lydia nodded in agreement. Maybe I did rush them, I hadn't really thought about it. We all coped so differently with things. I usually coped through partying so, of course, I forced them to do this. What if they hated me after all of this? What if our friendship dies before I know it because I forced them to go to a party a week after their almost sister-in-law died? What If....

"Brooke?Are you going in or do I also have to give you a pep talk on why it's okay?" I snapped out of my daze, realizing it was just Jamie and I in the car. Lydia and Olivia had just gotten out. I shook my head smiling, "Sorry.. I got in my head for a minute there," I looked towards the house watching my two best friends slowly walk up to it. I turned looking at Jamie as I went to open my door, "You sure you don't wanna join us?" He smiled his usual 'thanks for asking' smile and shook his head. I'm surprised by the smile. I haven't seen him smile in a while even if it is just a 'no thank you smile', it was still a smile. " No, thank you. I would love to join you crazy girls really but I don't wanna deal with all the sympathetic looks. I'll probably just bring the party down plus you guys need a sober driver." I nodded at him and stepped out of his car. "Thanks for the ride, Scott." I shut his door and basically ran to catch up to Lydia and Olivia.