A triton on land? (c)

"So," Chip started, looking towards Gillion, "A triton huh?"

"Yes chip," Gillion replied, with shimmering eyes.

"I see, yknow. I think I might of known a triton before..." Chip started, before sighing sadly.

Chip tried to wring his memory.  What was that tritons name again.. Flipper?.. F... ugh.
Chip can't even remember the name of his own old crew member.. His own-

"Really! How intriguing Chip," Gillion smiled with sharp teeth.

"Yeah.. He was really smart, he was always writing something. Researching something.."

"Mhm?" Gillion looked at chip smiling with peaked interest in what he was saying.

"I don't remember alot about him... like I couldn't tell you what his name was,, but he was blue.."

"I see, well if you'd like you can most certainly tell me more about your life! It seems.. exciting! "

"Well.." Chip held the back of his neck with a hand, "I wouldn't necessarily call it.. 'exciting ' but.. uh okay"

Gillion turned and sat on the deck of the small ship with crossed legs, pointing for Chip to join him with one hand.

"Right," Chip said, sitting on the deck aswell, one leg propped up with an arm resting on it, and one leg crossed, "Well.."

Chip thought about what to say, before deciding what might be the best option.

"When I was younger a man named Arlin used to take care of me. He was practically my father, he was a pirate too. Me and him used to play all sorts of pranks! He was... such a good man.. He was like a hero to me.."

"He sounds amazing, Chip! " Gillions eyes shined at the word hero, and chip could tell his brain was probably imaging what Arlin might look like.

Chip wished he could introduce Gillion.  Show him what Arlin looks like. Show Jay. Show himself.