𝟸𝟹. 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗?

"Do I scare you?" -Inspector Campbell

The next morning Francis had woken up alone, she had done that many times over the months of her stay. But on this morning it felt different. Thomas hadn't even stayed in the bed with her over the night.

She was hoping he would move on with the situation and get over it, but it seemed as though he hadn't.

A small thud sounded from the downstairs snapping Francis out of her daze. In a hurry she grabbed her dressing gown and threw it over herself before making her way down the stairs.

As she neared the bottom of the stairs, she prepared herself to fight off the intruder. She jumped quickly from the stairs with her hands balled tightly into fists.

"Agh!" She jumped back quickly when she noticed Thomas collecting papers from his kitchen table.

Letting out a loud sigh she came to stand next to him. "You scared me y'know?" She quipped.

Thomas let out a soft chuckle "it's my house, Fran..." he said trying to be quick with the papers "I was coming back to come get you actually" he turned his head to look at her.

"What for?" She asked.

"I have a lad down at the office he's going to take some photos of you."

A frown made its apparent appearance on the girls face. But he simply turned his attention back to paper infront of him he took a deep breath.

"I need them." He added.

Her face scrunched up. "Need them?" She asked. "For what? I've barely just woken up!" Angrily she ran her hands through her hair.

Thomas didn't answer her and instead walked over to the counter picked up a black box opened the lid and pulled out a long dark purple dress "I brought this for you to wear" his hands slid slowly down the silky material "got it made special" his voice dropped. His eyes were now trained on her own.

"No." She shook her head. "I can't. I'm not in the mood, Thomas!" She could feel her anger levels rising.

"I don't fucking have time for this! You get upstairs put that dress on and take some nice photos for me. This isn't up for discussion" without word of warning he chucked the dress at her forcing her to take it in hand.

"I will not be smiling!" In a huff she turned back around and stormed up the stairs dragging the expensive dress along the dusty floors.

-

"I feel stupid," Francis said as she looked over to the corner of the office, Thomas sat looking back at her taking small drags of his cigarette -the fourth one he had pulled out since she had sat down for her photos- slowly raking his eyes over her body once again.