Alone Time

"Where's Sans and everybody?" You asked upon seeing only Papyrus outside. There was no yelling from Undyne to be heard or excited anime chatter from Alphys. The inside of the house looked dark and quiet. "METTATON HAD A WORLD TOUR THAT HE INVITED EVERYONE TO AND SANS IS AT GRILLBY'S HELPING BABYSIT GRILLBY'S NEICE!" You gave him a shocked look. "You love Mettaton, why didn't you go?" Sure he didn't miss this chance to hang out with his idol just- "TO HELP YOU OF COURSE! NYEH HEH HEH HEH!" You couldn't help the warmth that flooded into your cheeks. "Pap... you really didn't have to miss out for my sake.." Papyrus huffed quietly, adjusting his goggles. "I WANTED TO. ARE YOU READY TO FLY?" You gulped and nodded as he picked you up and left the ground. You focused your attention on him and him alone. His bright and sweet smile, warm gaze, and holy stars you were falling for him! Of course the others had been teasing you for the last month about what he says and does, but it's not like he actually means it, right...? You just couldn't tell if he was being genuine about his feelings or not. The vibe he gave off suggested that he innocent, but who really knew?

🪶🪶🪶

Papyrus POV

I will admit it. I do have a romantic interest in [Y/N]. I guess you could say I have since she first came to my home, maybe even before then. She'd been very sad, very lonely. Sans said others bullied her because she didn't fly. So I decided to help her by first giving her a friend to rely on! Then giving her more by introducing her to my friends. With that moral boost, so many supporting her, she seemed a lot more willing to fly with me. Her personality started to show through. She is so bright and kind. She was considerate of others, but didn't like pushing past her comfort zone. I will help her with that. I want to show her the beauty of it all. That's why I chose now to bring her out. "[Y/N]... could you look forward for me?" She took a quick glance, her eyes widening as she looked at the twilight sky. An awed smile graced her lips. This is how she should look. I want to see that look on her face everyday.

🪶🪶🪶

It was beautiful, the fading pink hue that turned blue, than deep purple, then black. Small stars started to flicker across the growing night sky, there was hardly a cloud. The city lights below were faint, you should be scared, but you were too in awe too care at the moment. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Papyrus asked. You had to agree. "It is.. thank you for showing me this, Papyrus.." He chuckled as he smiled at you. "Would you like to go eat? Since we are above the city and all?" You gave a hesitant nod. "Yeah... I could eat.." You decided, to which Papyrus then started to descend slowly. You swallowed as the ground came into view, your fear of falling more than obvious. "I have you, [Y/N], I have-" There was shooting. People scattered. "Papyrus!" What was going on?! Why was there gunfire?! You felt yourself start to fall. Where was Papyrus, was he ok?!