1

{ this is a gift for @normalfanfics and they're really cool go check them out :D}

Published on August 26th, 2023.

Old Version:

"OH SHIT!-" I yell, the blood pounding in my ears as i run off, carrying Jonah in my arms. He got knocked out by the screech of the creature that started chasing us. I try to run as fast i can, my breath getting heavier and heavier and hearing that creature getting closer and closer. I trip over something, and i fell over, shielding Jonah from the death that we were both about to interfere with. Suddenly, the screaming stopped. I look over at a person in a suit with a red bow tie and a man in a black hoodie with a blue mask with a poorly drawn frowning face with my one good eye. "What the hell..?" i mutter under my breath, taking a drink of the weird almond water nearby. i look back at Jonah, holding my eye and taking it away with blood dripping with 3 red blood marks on my hand. My gaze then goes towards the two people, the person in the mask walking over to me and asking me questions. i mutter something I can't even comprehend, and the other person puts a hand on my shoulder and says something. I don't realize i'm getting lightheaded now and i put a hand to my eye wound again. The now blurred faces are asking me questions. Who i am. Where do I come from. Who is Jonah's name. They seem so out of my world now, and my breathing surprisingly softens. i fall, succumbing to my fate. I'll probably die of blood loss. I close my eyes. The last thought I have is worrying about Jonah.

I gasp and wake up in what i believe is a classroom. I sigh, letting out a shaky breath. My name is Adam Murray, I think, I come from Mandela county and I am 19. I look up, seeing Jonah. He's pretty beaten up, having bandages on his arm and around his jaw. I touch my eye again, noticing there's a bandage on it. I moved to my chest, where my hoodie was taken off and replaced with some bandages. "where are we?" I say, I'm surprised that my voice is steady. "That smurf dude in a hoodie told me to stay here and not to leave." He grunts, snickering to himself. "what, the blue masked dude?" i say, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah yeah, whatever you wanna call him. He calls himself a 'Partypooper.'" Jonah rolls his eyes. "Hey-" i start, but i'm cut off by the Partypooper tossing me an apple. "Eat." they say, "Eat that or else you won't have enough energy to survive the next few days." I do as i'm told, eating food and taking almond water and dabbing it on my wounds every few hours. once we're healed up, They take us outside the classroom and tell us that its safe to come here wherever and whenever we want. Well that's great news, I think to myself, He must be pretty well grounded for this. I look over at Jonah, who has a scar on his jaw now due to the attack of the - i think its called - screamer. My eye has healed, but i focus more on hearing and touch more to guide me than my eyesight, since my eye went partially blind for a few days after the attack. 

"At least we're being taken care of, dickwad." I say at jonah when he jokes about the partypooper. "I mean, who cares? and what's with his name anyways? Is there like some opposite to him or some shi-" He gets cut off by some music coming from the end of the hallway. I look in the direction confused, but the partypooper takes us and drags us inside the classroom. "Don't go with that thing, whatever you do." he warns us. "you won't like it." Jonah doesn't care and goes down a hatch he finds labels in big red letters with 'FUN' written on it. I tell the Partypooper and he tells me everything down there. i hesitate, but i go down there with Jonah.

 Man that was a bad idea. 

Something screeches. I don't know where, but i hear it. Theres a wail, something i've heard before. i take out my flashlight and shine it through the dark, getting a wave of negative emotions the moment i left the lit area. The wail got louder. I feel like i've heard that before. It turned into a scream. I still can't figure out where i heard it. But the moment i hear a muffled shouting of my name, i bolt down the halls, avoiding the Partygoers. Jonah was in trouble. In pain, most likely. I run towards him in a party room, surrounded by Partygoers. Jonah was in the middle, screaming for me. I push through the crowd of the yellow beings before seeing my friend. His chest has been ripped open and i notice some of his ribs are broken and on the floor, blood everywhere. i felt like i wanted to puke. I pick up Jonah again - with him moaning in pain - and bolt out the door, getting the mob of the angry yellow demons to chase after me. one of them manages to grab onto my arm and sink it's teeth into my flesh through its wormhole-like hands before letting me go, punching it in the gut and kicking it away. i immediately rested Jonah against a wall and put almond water on my wound like what the Partypooper told me to do and then i treated Jonah's wound with super almond water. He looked at me, about to look down at his wound before i stop him. "don't look. it isn't pretty and i don't want you passing out." i scowl, looking up at him as i took out bandages. "w-wha...?" he babbled, his face getting pale. My face softened, looking up at his face and asking him comfortingly his own name. he said something i couldn't understand. i shove a straw with almond water into his mouth and his face slowly regains color, looking at me with pale brown eyes, with them slowly regaining color the more he drank the almond water. i lift him up, putting the stuff in my backpack. "we need to get out of here." He mutters. "says the guy who got us into this mess." i scowl, and he leans his head on my chest. 

"We're stuck here now, I guess..."