8

I walked around the pool-looking area, noticing that the water suddenly got deeper in some parts. I felt like there was something there that i should look at, but it might be too risky. 

I take another sip of almond water.

I found a part of the pool that looked normal, but I fell through the floor and got submerged in water. I immediately took a huge gulp of the water, thinking i was resurfacing but getting water in my lungs as i sank deeper and deeper...

I gasp, sitting up and coughing up rivers of water. My eyes were still adjusting to the light when i heard a familiar voice.

"Mark? Are you alright, my rose?"

I blink twice and look at my right, seeing Cesar sitting by my side with what seemed like a blue masked person beside him. Said person puts a hand on Cesar's shoulder and says "Don't worry, Ces, He's still in shock" and looks at him. I realize then that i had stitches on my chest and there was monitors around me in what seemed like... my bedroom? but it looked more... fancy? Whatever.

"what did you do to me while i was asleep??" I say, being surprised that my voice is steady.

"You were in the poolrooms, and you started to drown. good thing i went to The Hub and got over in time, or you would've died."

"But how-"

"I did, Mark. I told the Partypooper about you." Cesar looked to the side, blushing with embarrassment. "Yeah, he seems really attached to you." The Partypooper added as he turned red. I snickered as Cesar shot back a dirty look that silenced the Partypooper.

"Anyways, where are we?" I say, looking around.

"We're in the Promised Land." Cesar said, but it felt more distant as my thoughts began to race. where are we? is this a real place? am i going to be harmed here? was this a dream? But one stuck out to me and made me terrified.

Am I....

dead?

(sorry for the short chapter i just felt like i needed to upload qwq)