Skywalkers Exposed Part 2: Babysitters

It took a little while for the Jedi Council to settle down after what happened with Anakin. Unaware that Gabby escaped, they gathered in the Chambers again to discuss a new matter.

"With Skywalker out, Gabriella needs a new guardian." Mace said.

"Hmm, a tricky decision, this will be." Master Yoda said.

If there was one thing the Jedi Council knew about Gabby, it was that she was a very unpredictable child. She was always disappearing, popping out of nowhere, hiding, running around, pouncing on everyone, jumping, and basically being a little ball of energy on a sugar high without even eating sugar. She was basically Tigger in a little girl's body.

Looking after her was no easy task, and Anakin was the only Jedi with enough experience to handle her, and she was known to scare off a lot of nannies and babysitters with her hyperactivity. So, it was no surprise that there were not a lot of Jedi knocking down the door to be her babysitter.

"If granted permission, I would be willing to look after her," said Obi-Wan.

The Council thought Obi-Wan was crazy at first, but Obi-Wan pointed out that Gabby had seen most of the Council members fighting her father, and she looked horrified when they did. Anyone who knew how to handle children properly knew that traumatized children needed to be handled very carefully, or their emotional state could worsen and lead to serious problems later in life. And anyone knew that whenever Gabby's emotions got out of control, her powers went haywire.

"Certain, are you, Obi-Wan? An adorable little girl, she is. But predict her behavior, you cannot. Tricky even for me, she is." Yoda said. He hadn't gotten to babysit Gabby much, but the one time he did, he looked away for a moment and Gabby bedazzled his robe and tied pink bows around his cane.

"I am certain, Master Yoda. I've raised her father for ten years and have previous experience caring for her. As well as meeting some of the crazier parts of her powers."

"But you, similar to Anakin, have formed somewhat of an attachment to the girl," Master Windu pointed out.

"True. However, Master Kenobi is one of the most qualified to handle younglings out of most members of the Council," said Master Mundi. "And he does have more experience with the princess than most of us."

"Obi-Wan, this is Anakin's daughter we're talking about. Unpredictable, dangerous, and rebellious like her father." Mace said. "Therefore, I believe I should take watch of her."

"With all due respect, Master Windu, Gabby is barely three years old, she has been traumatized, and needs someone she can trust." Master Plo intervened, taking the bear from Mace's hands. "And given your most recent doing with her, your presence alone would only aggravate the girl. And this bear may serve as a security holder, given her emotional state."

Mace sighed, "Very well. Padawan Tano. You'll be under Master Kenobi's watch as his new Padawan and assist him in watching over Princess Gabriella. Go retrieve her so we may notify her of the new arrangement. Hopefully by now, she's calmed down."

"Yes, Master Windu." Ahsoka nodded.

Ahsoka went to where she was told Gabby's room was and unlocked the door.

"Gabby?" Ahsoka looked around and saw a lump in the blankets on Gabby's bed. "Gabby, the Council wants to see you." There was no response. So, Ahsoka sat on the bed to talk to Gabby.

"I get it. You're upset about your father. I'm upset about Anakin too. I haven't known him that long, but he was really growing on me." Ahsoka said. "I never knew my father. Master Plo comes close, but still. I think you're very lucky to have had such a loving father like Anakin who played with you and took care of you. If he were here now, I'm pretty sure he'd just want you to be safe and cared for, so that's what we plan to do. We don't know everything Anakin did, but maybe you could teach us, if that would make you feel better."