Skywalkers Exposed Part 3: Tantrums

The next morning, Obi-Wan Kenobi got up bright and early and went to go wake up Gabby. He still knew that looking after her would not be easy, given her emotional state, but he had to do his best to take care of her no matter what.

Gabby was laying in her bed, still out like a light.

Obi-Wan gently shook Gabby by her shoulder.

"Good morning, little princess." Obi-Wan said quietly.

Gabby stirred and pulled her blanket over her head, not wanting to get out of bed. Obi-Wan gently pulled it down and tried to get Gabby to wake up. But, when Gabby finally did open her eyes, she turned away and pulled her blankets back over herself.

Obi-Wan sighed.

"Gabby, please come out of bed." Obi-Wan said. "Don't you want some breakfast?"

"Not hungry." Gabby grumbled, not looking at Obi-Wan.

"Gabby, I know you're upset about yesterday," said Obi-Wan. "But you need to understand that your father broke rules, and those rules are-"

"More important than the people you love?" Gabby said, finally looking at Obi-Wan. "Daddy was a great warrior, a great father, and a great husband. Having a family did not distract him, proving the code is wrong about attachments. Daddy trusted you as his best friend, and you just sat there and did nothing!"

"Perhaps we should talk more after you've had a chance to-" Obi-Wan tried to get closer to Gabby, only for an X made of two vines to form between the two.

"Get. Out." Gabby demanded, standing on her bed and pointing to the door. But, when Obi-Wan didn't leave the room right away, another vine wrapped around him, and literally threw him out of the room, the door closing behind him.

Ahsoka came by Gabby's room, stopping when she saw Obi-Wan laying on the floor on his stomach.

"I take it Gabby's angry at you?" Ahsoka asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Obi-Wan asked, picking himself up and dusting off. "She just needs time to settle down. She'll come out from her room when she's ready."

Obi-Wan walked off, but Ahsoka stayed as she heard a noise coming from the other side of Gabby's door. Gabby was crying.

Ahsoka looked around and saw no Jedi Masters were around. She knew she was taking a big risk here, but she knocked on the door.

"Go away, Kenobi!" Gabby said angrily.

That surprised Ahsoka. Since before Ahsoka even knew Gabby, the little princess had always called certain Jedi 'Uncle' or 'Aunt,' never by their last name. She was definitely angry.

"Gabby, it's Ahsoka." The Togruta said. "I won't come in if you don't want me to. But, would you at least listen to me talk to you?"

There was silence.

"I don't agree at all with what the Council did." Ahsoka explained. "And I don't know if there's anything I can do about this. I miss Anakin too, and I'm not happy with the Council either. They shouldn't have separated you from your family by force. But I think if you just let them know how you feel, maybe something will be done."

Again, there was no response. Ahsoka sighed and left.

Gabby eventually did come out from her room. When she found her window was stuck, she knew she wasn't going to be able to get out that way. Obi-Wan must have locked it while she was asleep so she wouldn't sneak out from there again. But she wasn't sure how else she could escape, in part because she did not think well on an empty stomach. So, she decided to have some breakfast first.