Skywalkers Exposed Part 4: Family Reunion

Gabby sat quietly in her room, coloring. Trouble making seemed a lot more tiring when she was intentionally making things difficult for the Jedi; she thought if the Jedi didn't think they could handle taking care of her, maybe they would give her back to her parents. But, so far no luck. So, she decided to take a break from the trouble making and do something soothing.

She was drawing a picture of her with Anakin and Ahsoka saving the Lurmen, the last great adventure they had together before being separated. Gabby wanted to make sure she would always remember the adventures she had with her family, no matter what anyone else said.

Gabby suddenly heard whinnying outside her bedroom door that she recognized. And when the door opened, she immediately smiled for what felt like the first time in forever.

"Carousella! I thought I'd never see you again." Gabby said, hugging her pony as happy tears fell.

Carousella gave Gabby a lot of kisses, feeling happy to see her girl was safe.

"I'm happy to see you too, Gabby. Unfortunately, I can't stay." Carousella said. "But, don't worry. You won't be stuck here much longer."

"Really?" Gabby said, hope in her eyes.

"If the Council makes the right decision," said Carousella. "Your parents miss you a lot. Don't worry. I'm looking after them. Just hang tight."

Gabby picked up the drawing she finished and grew some flowers into a necklace, and she asked Carousella if she could bring those to her parents; she knew her parents wouldn't forget her, but she wanted to make sure they knew she hadn't forgotten them. Carousella wore the necklace and took the rolled up drawing in her mouth before leaving her girl to wait.

After getting clean and dried off, the Jedi Council took some time to separately think about what Carousella and the royals from Mythiria said, and about the legal matter too. They agreed to take another look at the Code and how Anakin's emotional state was more balanced since Gabby came around.

Perhaps the one who was most affected by this was Obi-Wan. He had grown up to become the Jedi Order's golden child, but he did so by ignoring his emotions and following protocol, never just listening to his heart.

Obi-Wan later looked at Gabby as she was taking a nap, and he felt something snap in him. He felt tears come to his eyes as he sat down to think. He'd hurt his best friend/brother and his honorary niece for the sake of Jedi protocol, and neither of them had done anything to hurt anyone. He put good standing with the Jedi over the people he loved, just like he had done with a woman he had fallen in love with years before. Then, he felt some words echo in his mind...

If Gabby or Anakin means anything to any of you, you'll know the right thing to do.

Without even waiting for the Council to call a meeting, Obi-Wan picked Gabby up and wrapped her in a blanket before taking her out of the Temple. Of course, he didn't forget her teddy bear. He knew he was risking a lot by doing this, but the little girl in his arms was more important to him than his seat on the Council or status in the Jedi Order, as well as her father.

"Don't worry, little one." Obi-Wan said quietly to the child. "You'll be home very soon."

Anakin was laying in bed in the dark today; he was too tired to get out of bed after losing so much sleep. His face was stained with tears, his hair was a mess, and Anakin hadn't even been able to eat much while he was worried about his daughter. Padme didn't handle it much better. She could hardly focus at work, she was worried about her husband's health, and she was debating on whether threatening to press charges against the Jedi was the right decision.