Skywalkers Exposed Part 5: Changes

Gabby had gone back to sleep after making her midnight birthday wish. She had to admit, she had doubts that it would come true, but she felt relieved that at least she got it out of her system. And, she could expect that it would be a good day because nothing could or should go wrong on her special day. Gabby couldn't remember her other two birthdays, but now that she was three, she was old enough to remember this birthday.

Still asleep the next morning, Gabby was cuddling with her teddy bear, unaware she was about to get a rather cheerful, musical awakening.

"Wakey wakey, birthday girl." Carousella sang, her horn magically playing the Happy Birthday song, and the musicorn licking Gabby awake.

Gabby stretched and woke up with a yawn. She got out of bed and ran downstairs for breakfast, and she was happily surprised when she saw chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter and berries for breakfast.

"Happy Birthday, Gabby." Anakin and Padme said when they saw her.

"Thanks, Mommy and Daddy." Gabby said, rushing over to get some birthday hugs and kisses from her parents.

"There's our big girl," said Padme, giving her now three-year-old daughter a big hug and kiss. "You're growing up so fast."

"I'm only three, Mommy." Gabby giggled.

"That's a pretty big deal, Sweetheart." Anakin said, ruffling Gabby's hair. "Today's your special day, so you best enjoy your pancakes before they get cold and Carousella starts eating them."

That's what Gabby loved about her parents; they never failed to find ways to make her feel special, especially on her birthday, even if she couldn't remember her first and second ones very well. This time, she was going to have a birthday to remember.

After breakfast, Gabby was excited to see what gifts her family got for her, and what her friends sent her. A lot of presents were delivered from on and off-world too. Being a princess, it was no surprise to her parents that senators and royal families, especially those who were close friends, would send gifts for the little princess.

"I don't think I've seen this many presents even at all of Fantasia's birthday parties and mine put together." Carousella chuckled.

"So many ribbons and pretty wrapping paper." Gabby said. "I'm gonna have a lot to use for scrapbooking and other crafts."

"Don't forget about whatever's inside each gift, Princess." Anakin said.

"Will you help me read the cards, Daddy?"

"Of course, Princess."

So, Anakin, Padme, and Carousella helped Gabby read the cards on each gift so she knew who each one was from, and she found so many great things. She even got a gift from her maternal relatives on Naboo. There were lots of great toys, dresses, shoes, jewelry, and even a starter tiara of little diamonds from the Naboo Council and queen, which Gabby was happy to try on. But, Gabby was mostly looking forward to seeing Anakin's present; his were always the best in her eyes (once she looked in the scrapbooks and her parents told her about her last birthdays).

For her first birthday, Anakin gave Gabby her Teddy. For her second, he got Gabby ballet slippers, which she never practiced dancing without. And she eagerly wondered what he got her this year.

Padme got nice gifts too. She knew how Gabby loved when she got a new storybook (even though she couldn't read them herself yet), a plush horse, or a new outfit. And Carousella, this being the first time she would celebrate Gabby's birthday with her, with a little help, managed to make her a beautiful little music box that looked like a carousel.

Of course, Gabby wanted to save the best for last.

"Thank you, Mommy and Carousella. Your presents are amazing." Gabby said.