Chapter 21

Chapter XXI: Truths and Revelation

          The Senior High School starts although Kota haven't tell Akiko. He goes inside the campus. Waiting for him inside the classroom, is Asahi. He then asks him why. He tells him that although he wants to pursue his career in computer science, he doesn't want to leave his best friend and another thing, the campus they went in still needs them. Meanwhile in another school, Masashi enters the classroom and finds Akiko. She looks happy to see him there and they talk about The Twins. After a while, the teacher enters and starts the orientation. A student with a flamboyant look, and a gold watch on his wrist looks at Akiko. As it is his turn to speak, he tells them his name is Homura Aizawa. He is actually a narcissist although judging from his appearance, he only acts smart to get the ladies.

          At break time, Masashi goes to Akiko and tells her something. As soon as he is about to get to the part of Kota, Homura shows up to say that Akiko is beautiful. She is flustered after he said that but she acts as a Tsundere. Akiko then tells Masashi to continue, so he continues. Masashi tells her, 

"I didn't want to tell you this, but for 2 years, Kota has actually something to say to you. It was supposed to be back then when he wore the Half-Haori jacket but he can't tell you because you were in the middle of a hangout with your friends so he can't just pull you out of there since he said that it would be disrespectful to you." 

          Tears then roll down her rosy cheeks after he heard that. 

"If he wants to say something to me, he could have texted me!", says Akiko. 

"However, according to him, knowing your nature, and due to the pandemic, he is very shy to talk to you in online since maybe you were doing something important, and apparently the only way to say this is in person." 

          More tears roll down her cheeks, and due to this, she then tells him to text Kota to wait at the dike after school and he does. Homura once again shows up and asks why is Akiko crying. He comforts her in a flamboyant way and asks her if she's free after school. However, using a breathing technique she adapted from My Sister is a Demon, in slow motion, she builds up pressure in her legs. In a terrifying voice, she says, 

"Go to hell bastard, there is still someone in my heart, glad for you there is no room for you, you narcissist." 

          She then kicks him in the nuts making him flying back to his table.

          Back to the school where Kota and Asahi went, two of them goes out of the campus together with Satou, Toshiro, and Enmei. Kota remembers that he needs to wait at the dike as what Masashi instructed him to do. He tells Asahi to go behind the tree since he suspects that something bad may happen. Kota views the grandeur blue river while waiting. From afar, a girl wearing a My Sister is a Demon jacket is walking towards their direction. Asahi notices this. The girl signals him to keep his trap shut. She then goes to Kota and complements the view. Kota slowly turns his head towards the girl and the girl turns out to be Akiko. She then sits beside him. On the other hand, watching this, Asahi texts Masashi and asks him on what is happening. Masashi replies that the rumbling is happening, and he says that she had no choice but to do it since he told her about Kota. 

"Let see what will happen.", Masashi and Asahi think. 

"For the past 2 years, what is it you need to tell me?", asks Akiko.

          The wind blows, 

"Well, the truth is, I can't move on for some reason however during the pandemic, it made me realized of the terrible things that I've done to you. Being clingy, self-centered, and very serious, I can't forgive myself from all of that. After the incident back then, I suffered depression since I was blaming myself for that until now. I started liking anime during the pandemic then since I was feeling left out with my friends and without your help, I wouldn't have learned how to appreciate it and to bond more with them. Then, a year later, Asahi introduced me to Accord to improve my social skills so I went under the name, Typhoon. I was trying to say it back then, but still, I screwed up. It was supposed to be days after the graduation but the earthquake happened. And recently, on the day I wore that jacket, I was suppose to say it to you but your friends were there. I don't want you to be embarrassed in front of your friends. Asahi even asked you to go on a hangout with us just to say it and to get along with each other again. But in the end, I know at some point, we need to patch things up. I almost gave up since the time is almost limited to say it because you'll left Japan in two years to study abroad.", says Kota while tears roll down his cheeks and the same goes for Akiko.

          He adds, 

"The bad memories keep coming back every single time which gives me sometimes a mental breakdown, and according to you, you say that think of the good memories rather than the bad memories. The good memories back then are fading away and to top it all, I wanted to ask you this: Do you still want to start all over as friends again?". 

          Akiko sobs and suddenly hugs him. 

"Of course you dummy. For the whole time, I just kept my feelings and still, these feelings are still for you. I am terribly sorry for what you have gone through and I also feel bad that you haven't forgive yourself and I know your heart might already be in a bad condition. To be honest, when I feel lost, I think of you and still, through the key of our rhythmic and colorful memories back then, somehow I didn't just find myself, but I find myself thinking about you again. I can't take my mind off of you. So, I want to make it up to you for being also a dumbass who keeps avoiding every single message you send. Though, I can still halt the abroad thing since I want to stay here with you. I still like you which is more than anything", says Akiko.  

"Really? More than the demon lord wants to destroy?" , asks Kota. 

"Now you're speaking my language! Of course. More than the titan wants to destroy the world.", answers Akiko. 

          They cry and hug each other. As the Sakura petal are getting blown by the wind, Akiko pulls Kota and kisses him on the lips. Masashi asks Asahi if what is the status. Asahi replies that he can't describe what is going on right now. She then lets go of Kota and hugs him again. She says, 

"From now on, lets keep this a secret, okay?"

          Kota then nods and promises not to tell anyone about this. Although Asahi and Masashi know this but they know that they won't spread it.