chapter 11; why'd you save me?

TW:
attempted suicide

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
SINCLAIR RESIDENCE
9:07 AM

Caleb had kept his word. He had gone over to where Aria was currently residing to apologize. He had remembered that Aria said she moved into her friend's house, and he assumed that friend also went to their school, so he asked around and eventually got the address. The only thing he couldn't wrap his head around is why Rebecca wasn't apologizing with him. After all, she's the one who started the rude comments in the first place.

As he walked up to the front door, he noticed the lights inside the house were off, meaning no one was there or they're probably still sleeping. It was worth a shot anyway.

He had knocked on the front door but there wasn't an answer, he couldn't even hear any movement from inside the house, so he tried knocking once again. But again, there wasn't an answer.

Sighing, he started walking away from the house, obviously nobody was home so what was the point of even being there in the first place? He thought it was better off if he didn't even make an effort to actually go to the house, you know, to save his energy.

But he just couldn't get rid of this gut feeling that something was wrong, it was telling him that he needed to be there.

He turned back around and walked up to the front door, but this time he didn't knock. He grabbed onto the doorknob and twisted it, in hopes that the door would open. But it didn't, he needed to find another way into the house.

The thought of Aria doing something awful to herself was killing Caleb, a million thoughts were filling his head at that very moment. Regret was many of those thoughts, he knew he needed to fix whatever he had done.

Caleb had ran behind the house, searching for some back door that would allow him to get inside. To his luck, he found one, the back door. God, how he hoped it was unlocked. Thankfully, it was and he was able to open the door.

A whoosh of cold air from inside the house hit him as soon as he opened the door, Caleb could've sworn that he got knocked back by it.

He took one last look around at his surroundings to make sure nobody was watching him, he knew this was most definitely illegal and he didn't want to get caught. The coast was clear so he stepped inside.

It seemed like the thermostat was broken, there was not one moment where he wasn't cold inside that house.

As he walked around, the floorboards creaked from underneath him. It was like one of those horror movies and he was the target, but there wasn't any time to think of that, he had to find where Aria was immediately.

So he checked room after room and there wasn't ever a sight of her. That was until he got to the last room, the only room he hadn't checked yet. He closed his eyes and gulped, he wasn't prepared for what was behind this door, if there was something. As soon as he opened his eyes, he grabbed onto the door knob and pushed the door open.