#Malta

Chaewon was drunk right when they started to walk back to the motel. She is stumbling on her walks, sniffling her tears silently as she pull Namjoon damp jacket closer to her body. The man was following her silently from behind, getting worried everytime she almost fall down to her side. When a car passed them and she almost dropped to the right, he step closer and held her shoulder from behind.

"Chaewon," he says, and the woman turn around, eyes red, cheeks puffed, lips trembled. It took Namjoon milliseconds to know she is crying as he stepped closer, looking at her with worried eyes. "Hey, what happened? Are you scared because of what happened back then?"

She shook vigorously, saying the truth. That's the only thing her drunk mind could register now. She was utterly devastated now, Jinyoung words hitting her like a truck when the alcohol hits. Soon, a hiccup left her throat, and another. And another until it becomes so bad that she started to sob. Now Namjoon don't know why is she crying.

So he puller her close, secure her legs with his arm as he carried her. Chaewon gasped when she was lifted to the air, her hand fisted on his shirt as he continue their walk to the motel. Her hiccup was the only thing he can hear, but Namjoon know her eyes full of tears is was directed to him.

"You will fall if you try to walk again. And I can't let you sleep in the street"

She didn't say anything, but her head hang low as he walked back in silence. His other arm secured her waist and if Chaewon wasn't a drunkass now, she could have blushed badly. Apparently she is too far gone with the fight she had with Jinyoung.

Once they reached the motel, Namjoon nodded slightly at receptionist waiting there who must be having a smug look at them as he stride to the stairs. It was only silence, with her hiccup and his breath. But none of them wanted to speak, until Namjoon arrived at their shared room. Chaewon wanted to let him find the keys so she was about to let herself down when his arm tensed under her, making it clearly he didn't want her to move.

He manage to get his key, as he unlock it and entered, close it from behind with a lock as he walked straight to her bed. Laid her down, who was still hiccuping, sobbing silently, he then pour her a cup of water and help her to laid her back at the headrest.

"Are you comfortable now?"

She nodded, but her hands were trembling so she didn't drink the water. Namjoon sighed as he sit down at the edge of her bed, scoot a little closer until it's an arm length between his face and hers. "What is it, Chaewon? Did I do something? Or was I rude to you?"

"N-no," she said, now getting out from her drunk state to the sober phase. The drink wasn't that strong, but she is a light drinker, so it do happen whenever she drink. "I fought"

"With your fiance?"

She nodded, now getting embarrassed because Namjoon must have thought it's a stupid love quarrel. She wasn't a cry baby, or she is, she don't remember when was the last time she cried in the name of love. But when their eyes met, Namjoon is waiting for her, his eyes gentle with a thin smile, a prominent dimple completing his looks. He look believing, and maybe that's why Chaewon blurted out this.

"Jinyoung is a stupid man," she said, and he was suprise at the sudden insult to the unfamiliar man, but still waited. "I shouldn't have answered that call. Now I'm going to sleep sad and probably regretting the whole purpose of this vacation until the thought of it exhaust me to the point I might indecisively book a flight back to Seoul. Stupid man, why even are we still together?"

"Did he say something about you coming here?"

She nodded, and that's enough for Namjoon to understand the whole situation. Smiling deeply, he spoke.

"Then prove him you are wrong. You are enjoying everything Malta could offer. You are better alone here, and he might regret saying those when you come home happily. It will crush his ego"

"But he crushed mine when he said I might run away with some bearded man. I never questioned those white chicks working with him when he's at the State for work. Why is he being like this?"

"I assure you, and probably Jinyoung, that there's no beard man going to kidnap you, Chaewon. He may be worried, but you are a grown up. You can take care of yourself. Except when you are drunk"

"Right," she agreed half mindedly, and then her smile appear on her lips.

"Are you sure about that?," She ask, jokingly and Namjoon let out a low chuckle as he nodded. "As long as I have my eyes on you, not even Won Bin can take you"

"He's married," she said amusingly.

"I don't know much of celebrities. Lee Minho is not married yet right?," He said and Chaewon laugh. It finally easen Namjoon heart. They talk for a little while then, never touch on Jinyoung again.

When the lights are off, the both of them in their sleep attire, Namjoon stayed awake from his bed. Looking at the woman across his bed, he starts to think hard. It will be only a few days before a new week, and Namjoon will move out. A man had called that his rent house will be free next week, and Namjoon can move in.  He can be by himself again, without hiding his things, but he doesn't want to leave Chaewon.

That's bad, he thought. He needs to leave her. He can't stay with her forever. His work is too dangerous and Zhu Hao will be a full threat. He could probably text Chaewon sometimes, and then slowly ignoring her until they forgot about each other. That will be enough. That will sure drive her away.

Or it will not.