Twenty-six

Theo Pov

It's been 12 hours since Amelia was kidnapped and I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest, within half an hour we had taken over the floors above Caramella Queens with men from my firm along with men from the mafia.

I watch everyone either on the phone or tapping away on computers and laptops, you name it they've got it set up but I can't understand anything that's being said as everything sound muffled as though my head is under water. A frown appears on my face as I know I should be hearing voices of everyone talking either to each other or on a call, nor can I hear the clicking on the keyboard'.

I begin pacing around giving my head a shake hoping to clear it.

"Theo"

What if I don't get to see her again?

"Theo"

After all the shit I caused and when I finally gave her she gets taken from me!

"THEO" multiple voices yell making my head jerk

"What?" I growl glaring at them before I realise "have you found her?" I question them hopefully.

"No son, they haven't! Why don't you go lay down because you weren't reacting to us for a while there" Dad offers with worry clear on his face.

"Fuck no! I need to find her"

"Theo you ain't any help when you're just pacing and spacing out" Kai comments shaking his head sadly.

"I'm fine" I snap before walking over to the table where the computers are "anything?"

"Not yet sir" A nervous voice says making me clench in anger

"Well fucking find something" I yell making a few of them to jump, I'm not proud of scaring my staff but my woman and babies are my main concern. "She can't have disappeared off the face of the earth"

How could I have let her be taken

"Fuck this" I grunt walking out the door ignoring calls behind me as I rush up the stairs to the girls old apartment opening the door I ignore our moms with their hopeful eyes, going into Amelia's bedroom.

I begin searching her room, for what? I'm unsure but hope to find something to help me find her.

Hunting through everything drawer after drawer, box after but until I have one left. Opening the lid my hands begin to shake as my breathing quickens the feeling of raw pain takes over making me drop to my knees box in hand.

The first thing I see is a picture of a young version of myself holding a baby Amelia in my arms, I let out a hoarse chuckle at the look on my face. I had a huge smile on my face gazing down at a baby Amelia with as much happiness and love a child can have.

Putting the picture down I find more picture of the two of us over the years and each one it's clear to see the love between us that I didn't know existed of course once she hit 18 the innocent love changed to something much deeper and it's obvious.

I guess that's why our families weren't surprised instead it was myself and Amelia who was making it forbidden.

I find all letters and printed out emails I sent her over the years making my heart clench realising how much they obviously meant to her.

Hey spitfire,
I miss you so fucking much, call me mushy or whatever you want but I don't give two shits. I miss you and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

It's crazy how much can change in such a short period of time and how sudden it can happen. The moment I saw you at the school that day I was a goner, no matter how much I tried nothing seem to work as my heart had already decided and that was that it loved you, I love you Amelia Romano, always.